- For the Uldir encounter, see Mythrax the Unraveler.
|Title||The Unraveler, Bringer of Oblivion, Slayer of Sethraliss|
|Affiliation(s)||G'huun, Old Gods' forces|
Mythrax is a C'Thrax who, long ago, assaulted Zandalar. The loa Sethraliss sacrificed herself to slay it, turning the region of Vol'dun into a desert in the process. Mythrax's body was sealed within the temple of Atul'Aman, until recently when General Jakra'zet, an ally of Zul, roused Mythrax. Zul led the C'Thrax to siege Zuldazar and break the Great Seal, the last of three seals that held their master G'huun imprisoned beneath Uldir. With his mission complete, Mythrax returned to his master's side in Uldir.
During the Aqir and Troll War roughly 16,000 years ago, Mythrax was tasked with invading Vol'dun. He descended upon the region, slaughtering troll and sethrak alike. The loa Sethraliss sacrificed herself to save them, but though she struck Mythrax down Mythrax was still able to destroy the disc at the heart of Atul'Aman: one of three seals keeping G'huun locked away. After witnessing the destruction firsthand, the sethrak knew that something had to be done to prevent anyone from raising Mythrax again. Sulthis, Vorrik, and Korthek worked together to seal Mythrax within the great pyramid.
Years later, Korthek grew power hungry and sought to free Mythrax to conquer Zuldazar. He gathered like-minded sethrak and declared himself emperor. General Jakra'zet of the Zanchuli Council allied with Korthek, and though Korthek was slain Jakra'zet successfully stole the keys to Atul'Aman and completed the ritual to revive Mythrax by sacrificing himself.
Mythrax joined Zul in an attack on Dazar'alor, the final seal on G'huun. He was initially held off by the loa Gonk, Pa'ku, and Kimbul. Although Zul died, Mythrax successfully destroyed the seal. Mythrax serves as a boss in Uldir.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Zandalar Forever! (quest)||??||43,230|
|Mythrax the Unraveler||??|
- Main article: Mythrax the Unraveler#Quotes
Notes and trivia
- The new C'Thrax model, which Mythrax uses, is named kithix.m2 in the files. His image file is also labeled "kithix".
- Aside from the model name, Mythrax also shares a number of striking similarities with Kith'ix. They were both powerful C'Thraxxi who invaded Zandalar with armies of Old God minions in ancient times before being defeated (by loa or by trolls aided by loa) and subsequently buried under large troll structures. They both wielded sentient weapons with similar names (Xalzaix and Xal'atath), and the structures under which they were buried are also named very similarly (Atul'Aman and Zul'Aman). Despite this, however, Mythrax was never mentioned to be related to Kith'ix in any way. It was only confirmed at BlizzCon 2018 that Mythrax served as a general during the Aqir and Troll War, during which he was sent to invade Vol'dun.
- Mythrax also shares a parallel with another C'Thrax, General Vezax. Both are penultimate bosses of raids set in titan facilities (Uldir and Ulduar) and both guard the path leading to an Old God (G'huun and Yogg-Saron).
Mythrax's invasion of Vol'dun.
Mythrax is defeated by Sethraliss.
Mythrax is resurrected within Atul'Aman after General Jakra'zet's blood sacrifice.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ a b Mythrax the Unraveler#Adventure Guide
- ^ a b c The Lost Codex 2018-11-03. Blizzcon 2018 Interview: Alex Afrasiabi & Patrick Dawson - Story and Systems | The Lost Codex. YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-11-03.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 70
- ^ a b
- ^ Zandalar Forever! (quest)
- ^ Kenny McBride on ArtStation