|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- For the sea witch that and his orcs fought against on the Darkspear islands, see .
Third WarThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion The Frozen Throne.
- Main article: Naga Sea Witch (Warcraft III)
The Naga Sea Witch was a mystical naga Hero, adept at ranged combat. These scaly denizens of the ocean have often been associated with the coming of prodigious storms, but few have actually seen them rise from the sea and lived to tell the tale.
While naga sea witches are better with their marksmanship skills, they are also capable of magic powerful enough to create tornadoes and lightning storms.
Anna Kondra, Ursula Snakemane, Lady Venomtongue, Asprah Serpus, Venna Seastorm, Charib'dishal
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Priestess of the tides is the naga priest variant class. They are potent spellcasters. Informally, they bear the name "sea witch". They are naga who revere their queen, Azshara. It is their faith in her and in naga superiority which grants them power. They wield the freezing cold of the arctic north; they command the fury of ocean storms. They also draw upon their race's arcane legacy to protect themselves. Most priestesses of the tides are females. The occasional male naga joins their ranks; however, these are vanishingly rare, as most male naga don't have the intelligence (or spirit) to make spellcasting a viable pursuit. Male naga who join these ranks are called priests of the tides.
The iconic priestess of the tides is a calculating and cunning opponent. She plans her attacks well in advance, and enemies find that other naga support her. She moves among their ranks, frost shimmering at her arrowheads and thunder sounding in the sky.
Notes & trivia
- is also referred to as a sea witch by .
- In World of Warcraft there seems to be several different sorts of sea witch mobs: normal female naga able to cast both priest and mage spells like in the RPG, and sea witches looking more like their The Frozen Throne appearance. The latter ones usually have a high rank compared to the plain ones.
- The sea witches were inspired by the Gorgons of Greek mythology, of whom Medusa is the most famous.