Nagrand (alternate universe)
- For the Outland zone, see Nagrand.
|Level: 98 - 100|
Battle Pet Level: 25
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor|
- Seafaring ogres claim the south of windswept Nagrand, and they seek to dominate both the land and the orcs who dwell upon it. But more cryptic threats abound: a strange mist pours from the center of the plains, embodiments of nature stir around the Throne of the Elements, and the otherworldly crystals of Oshu’gun draw questers and fortune-seekers from all over Draenor.
- "I always looked forward to the Kosh'harg festivals in Nagrand, for it was a time of rare friendship."
- —Chieftain Durotan
Nagrand is a zone in western Draenor. It lies west of Talador. It is home to the Burning Blade and Warsong orcish clans, as well as a seat of the ogre empire situated on the continent of Draenor, with Highmaul as its capital.
Nagrand — orcish for "Land of Winds" — was formerly the seasonal homeland of the Frostwolf Orcs, and the meeting grounds of the orcish people, where the Kosh'harg celebrations were held twice every year. The clans would assemble at the base of their sacred mountain, Oshu'gun, and give thanks to the spirits.
At some point, the Warsong clan claimed Nagrand as their own territory, but they were faced with occasional ogre raids. One of these raids claimed the life of Golka, Grom Hellscream's mate, which led the chieftain to become filled with regrets, until a certain individual from a different time showed up and convinced the chieftain to rise up against anything that would endanger his people.
Around that time, a brutal slave uprising erupted within the ogre Gorian Empire's capital of Highmaul, which claimed the life of numerous Highmaul citizens and officials, including their emperor, which was decapitated by Kargath Bladefist, who then declared the birth of a clan of his own, the Shattered Hand clan, comprised of liberated slaves, who - like him, severed their own chained hands and proceeded to drown Draenor in ogre blood.
Nowadays, Nagrand serves as the site of Iron Horde's crucial strongholds around Draenor: Grommashar, Lok-rath and Ironfist Harbor to name the few. Also the ogre Gorian Empire still holds much power here, and the magically gifted Imperator Mar'gok rules his people from his seat within the ancient city of Highmaul, although unfavorable political situation forced him to enter an alliance of convenience with the Iron Horde in order to ensure his dwindled empire's safety.
Starting from your outpost in Talador, head west and you will eventually reach a pass which leads into Nagrand.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Talador||94-96||East||By foot or by flight path|
- Main article: Nagrand (alternate universe) NPCs
- Thaelin Darkanvil
- Rangari D'kaan
- Hemet Nesingwary
- Lantresor of the Blade
- Azuka Bladefury
- Garrosh Hellscream
- Main article: Nagrand (alternate universe) storyline
- Main article: :Category:Nagrand (alternate universe) vignettes
Continuing the tradition started on the Timeless Isle, Nagrand has a huge number of vignettes, which are one-time events like killing rare mobs, looting treasure chests, or completing scripted events. Nearly all of the vignettes reward in addition to an uncommon or rare-quality item.
- The Frostwolf clan migrates seasonally between Frostfire Ridge and Nagrand, but they spend most of their time in Frostfire Ridge.
- The zone's "impossible rock formations", with their delicate, sweeping arches, appear to be what in the main timeline have become floating islands.
- There's an abandoned airship base south of Nagrand.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-11-15): "Reduced the density of Squirrels in Nagrand."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.