|Title||<The Storm Lord>|
|Race||Cloud Serpent (Beast)|
|Location||Foot of Lei Shen, Isle of Thunder|
|Status||Deceased (lore), Killable (WoW)|
|Relative(s)||Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent (descendant)|
Nalak is a cloud serpent world boss found on the Isle of Thunder on Pandaria. Nalak was the thundering cobalt cloud serpent, allegedly a demigod, that served the Thunder King as guardian of the entrance to the Throne of Thunder. After being revived by Shan Bu, he was slain by adventurers before they entered the Thunder King's palace.
Preview world of warcraft site
The rise of the Thunder King is accompanied by the emergence of frightful new creatures too willful to dwell inside a dungeon. Successfully dominating Lei Shen’s isle unearths Nalak, the Storm Lord, near the Throne of Thunder.
When Lei Shen discovered a rare clutch of thundering cloud serpents, he was awed, and set to subjugating them. The largest hatchling fiercely resisted, and when Lei Shen visited the handling pens, he laughed mightily at the charred mogu that lined the walls. He took the hatchling for his own, and for its obedience, granted it power over the storms and the sky. For thousands of years following the death of the Thunder King, Nalak has guarded the walls of his hidden citadel, awaiting his return.
- Arc Nova — A pulse of electric energy inflicts 350000 Nature damage to players within 35 yards and knocks them back.
- Lightning Tether — Nalak tethers several players to him, inflicting 10000 Nature damage every 1 sec. and an additional 20000 Nature damage if they are greater than 30 yards from Nalak. Lasts 15 sec.
- Static Shield — Jolts of power surrounding Nalak inflict 20000 Nature damage every 1 sec. to a random player.
- Stormcloud — Nalak places storm clouds above several players, which inflict 50000 Nature damage every 3 sec. to all players within 10 yards for 30 sec.
Nalak only requires one tank. Those afflicted with Lightning Tether will take more damage the further they are away from Nalak and should move closer to the boss to avoid large amounts of damage. Static Shield will periodically hurt the DPS or tank and must be healed through. When the boss afflicts players with Stormcloud, any players around them will receive damage from the lightning. The raid should be spread out to minimize damage from Stormcloud. Arc Nova is Nalak's strongest move and will kill anyone in close proximity. The graphic for the spell is an easily noticeable circle of lightning underneath Nalak and players should have ample time to get away.
- Tier 15 (item level 522) gloves and leggings
- Arena Season 13 (Tyrannical; item level 493) epic necklaces, cloaks, bracers, gloves, belts, leggings, boots, and rings
- I am born of thunder!
- Can you feel a chill wind blow? The storm is coming...
- Arc Nova
- The clouds arc with vengeance!
- The air crackles with anger!
- Killed a Player
- The sky weeps for your demise!
- I am but...the darkness...before the storm...
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): "All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot."
- Hotfix (2013-03-19): "Fixed an issue where some players may not receive loot after defeating Nalak."
- Hotfix (2013-03-15): "Players of both factions are now eligible to receive loot from Nalak when at least one of the factions has fully unlocked the Isle of Thunder."
- Hotfix (2013-03-11): "Players visiting a different realm are no longer eligible to receive loot from Oondasta or Nalak, The Storm Lord. A forum thread discussing the reasoning for this change have been created."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.
Nalak is voiced by Chris Metzen.