The Anglers Quartermaster,|
|Occupation||Leader and Quartermaster of the Anglers|
Nat Pagle is one of the most famous fishermen in all of Azeroth. Having licensed his own line of fishing equipment, Nat can be found in myriad locations all around the world, offering training to aspiring fishermen who seek him out.
He states he has no particular interest in fishing, but has been fishing for 20–30 years. He also says that fishing is "a great excuse to drink ... heavily", and therefore he enjoys the occasional drink now and then.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Nat Pagle's line of fishing equipment
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Caverns of Time
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Videos
- 9 Patches and hotfixes
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Nat Pagle gives the quest . A fishing skill of 225 and a minimum level of 35 are required to start the quest. After Patch 3.1, this quest is no longer required to attain the Artisan fishing level. The quest now offers a special superior-quality fishing pole instead. If you already completed the quest, you can visit Nat Pagle to receive this fishing pole.
Prior to the Cataclysm expansion, players could obtain the quest when opening a Battered Tackle Box containing the tape, found at Pagle's Pointe in Zul'Gurub (original). This quest involved returning the tape to Nat. When completing this quest, he said it is his favorite measuring tape and shares information about the hydra .
Also prior to Cataclysm: In another repeatable quest given by Nat, after completing "Nat's Measuring Tape" and having a fishing skill of 300 or higher, he gave instructions for summoning Gahz'ranka at Pagle's Pointe. He also sold the lures needed for summoning Gahz'ranka. These s had to each be filled with 5 in order to be used. Zulian Mudskunk were caught in Zul'Gurub itself by fishermen with 300 skill or more. This Zul'Gurub boss encounter was optional and could be done only once after every reset of the instance. Note: As of Patch 5.4.1, Pagle continues to offer to tell the player how to fish up Gahz'ranka and still sells the lure, even though Gahz'ranka was not part of the new Zul'Gurub instance after Patch 4.0.3 and thus can no longer be caught.
In-game, various items besides the ones in Nat Pagle's line of fishing equipment (below) can be found. Most notorious is the book Ashbringer. The last readable page contains only the words: "... And so that's where you'll find the legendary sword of the Scarlet Highlord, Ashbringer. Ain't it amazin' what you run into in an ordinary day of fishin'?". It is by this book that Nat Pagle was first connected to the quest for the legendary sword
Old HillsbradThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
In the Escape from Durnholde Keep instance in the Caverns of Time, Nat is seen fishing alongside in Southshore. He talks about his dreams of events that will happen in the future, like Tarren Mill being overrun by the Undead, being possessed by the and killing , 's escape from Durnholde Keep, and being killed by "small lights". (In that dream, he was a female night elf.) He also describes two gangsters named and inventing , and eventually entering a dimensional gate. McAllister scoffs at every dream, which ironically all are to come true in real life.
The Gods of Zul'AmanThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Nat's appearance begins with the quest offered by . Nat offers . After accepting the quest, apply the he gives you, then swim southwest to the wrecked ship. Swim around until a level 37 aggros, then swim back up to Nat to complete the quest.
After completing Nat's Bargain, he offers directing players to near the docks of Theramore.
CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Nat Pagle, as every fisherman, is very sturdy and remains untouched by the Shattering and . Also, his that he donated for Booty Bay's fishing contest is now more unique in terms of look.
Mists of PandariaThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
- A fellow angler I see! I have a variety of gear from these local fisherman, just let me know what you need!
- Hello fellow angler! Have you been around these parts long? Me and my buddy "Big Hook" here travel far and wide looking for the next big catch!
- We ran into this place by accident and the locals were friendly with both their supplies and booze so we decided to stick around!
Nat makes an appearance at Anglers Wharf, off the southern shore of the Krasarang Wilds. He has affiliated himself with the Anglers alongside his buddy . He reprises his role as a fishing trainer but is also the Anglers' quartermaster.
|500||Fishing pole (525)|
|Nat Pagle Revered||1000||+50 skill|
|Nat Pagle Exalted||250||Fishing hat|
Warlords of DraenorThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Nat Pagle is asked to join the Garrisons of the Horde and Alliance in Frostwall and Lunarfall from Pandaria. He can also become a follower.
What are you waiting for? Let's catch some fish!
- What sort of bait would ya like?
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Old Hillsbrad Foothills||38||1,395|
|Krasarang Wilds||85 - 90||13,793|
|Garrison||85 - 90||10,608|
QuestsThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft. The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a. This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
He is also involved in the following daily quests on Pandaria which increases his reputation by +600:This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
In order to have Nat in your Garrison, you must complete the following:
Nat Pagle's line of fishing equipment
These are the items either used, launched, or licensed by Nat Pagle. Most of these items give +fishing skill and are obtainable as a drop or quest reward.
- "Limited Edition"
- "Fer really long castin'."
- "Fishin's fer sissies - Nat Pagle"
- "It looks like Nat Pagle himself used this."
Other items connected to Nat Pagle are:
- , found as a random drop in the Alterac Valley battleground.
- A Thoroughly Read Copy of "Nat Pagle's Extreme' Anglin.", found in Dire Maul.
- "If you ask me, the best part about fishing is its slow pace. It gives one time to think, to reflect on past events and to plan for future ones. Oh, and it's also a great excuse to drink. Heavily."
- "Can't say I really enjoy fishin' much. Figure I been at it for a good 20 or 30 years now."
- "I reckon people are driven to do what they do for different reasons."
- "Now, I'm not saying you need to fish for 30 years or catch every fish in the sea to become a master fisherman. I reckon you just need to be determined - determined enough to sit on your duff for hours at a time, doin' nothin'."
- "Fishin's fer sissies."
- "Normally bugs are for bait, but how could you look into its eyes and even think that?"
Caverns of Time
Nat is found in Old Hillsbrad Foothills as an uninteractable NPC. He is Level 38 instead of his normal Level 45. He is found fishing at the end of the Southshore dock beside , with whom he has some amusing conversations about his vivid dreams.
- Nat Pagle says: Hal...
- Hal McAllister says: Yea, Nat?
- Nat Pagle says: Had that dream again last night...
- Hal McAllister says: Which one?
- Nat Pagle says: So I'm on some mountain with some big ol' tree. Bunch of elves runnin' around all over...
- Nat Pagle says: Out of nowhere, some or somethin' walks up and stars climbin' the tree...
- Nat Pagle says: And if that weren't crazy enough, that big demon gets killed by a bunch of little floating light things... Oh, I was also a female elf in that one... Yep...
- Nat Pagle says: Well in this dream, they somehow end up inventing something called and flavoring it with strawberries... Well, long story short, they end up striking it rich!
- Nat Pagle says: If that weren't crazy enough, they decide to quit ice-cream business and become adventurers... They travel all over the place and finally disappear into some portal. I woke up in a cold sweat after that one...
- Nat Pagle says: This one's real grim... So the 's kid, ... Well he goes out to battle evil, along with ...
- Nat pats his brow dry.
- Nat Pagle says: But tragically, Arthas is consumed by and becomes evil himself...
- Nat Pagle says: Well, he comes back to the king all pretendin' to be nice, draws his sword, and runs the king through, elbow to... well you know... kills him on the spot.
- Hal McAllister shakes his head.
- Nat Pagle says: In this dream, I was fishin' master of the world. I moved to some place called Kalimdor...
- Nat Pagle says: And people from all over the world come to pay me homage... and learn to fish.
- Nat Pagle says: I'm like some kind of fishing god...
- Nat Pagle says: That one dream... The crazy one. Remember?
- Nat Pagle says: That one where I'm in Durnholde and that keeps as his personal slave breaks out...
Each time, Hal McAllister finally answer him one the following:
- Nat, Nat, Nat...
- What you got in that pipe, Nat?
- Nat, I've heard a whopper or two in my day but that one takes the cake.
- I worry about you sometimes, Nat.
- No way.
- Shut up and fish, Nat.
- The name of this NPC is a reference to the Blizzard Game Designer Pat Nagle who is rumored to share the same habits as Nat Pagle: drinking and fishing. Nagle and Jeff Kaplan started to work at Blizzard on the same day.
- After studying the crocolisk species for many years, Nat determined that baby crocolisks are mostly harmless.
- There used to be many booze bottles found at Pagle's Pointe in the original Zul'Gurub instance, which was presumably a former fishing spot of his.
- Nat appears as a legendary card in Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "Nat Pagle, Azeroth's premier fisherman! He invented the Auto-Angler 3000, the Extendo-Pole 3000, and the Lure-o-matic 2099 (still in testing)."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-14): "Resolved an issue where Nat Pagle was incorrectly selling Draenic or Savage Fishing Poles."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Available as a garrison follower.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Appears on Pandaria lead by the Anglers as well as his own faction/vendor.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Sometimes seen at Darkmoon Island.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Seen during .
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Appearance in .
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Seen in the past.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.