|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- An age of growth in a fleeting moment - such is the unbridled power of nature.
Nature's Swiftness is a Restoration druid ability, available at level 30. This ability, when activated, causes the next , , , or to be instant, heal more, and have a longer duration. For example, activating Nature's Swiftness and then casting will instantly cast a heal without that spell's normal 2.5 second casting time, and increase the amount healed by 50%. Nature's Swiftness does not affect channeled spells.
- After activating Nature's Swiftness, a buff appears indicating the next cast will be instant. This buff will remain indefinitely until the effect is used, or until the player dies. The one minute cooldown will not begin until this buff is consumed.
- Nature's Swiftness buff can be dispelled / stolen.
- Activating this ability does not trigger the global cooldown.
Tips and tactics
- This spell can be very helpful when you need to cast an emergency heal spell.
- Making a spell instant is an excellent workaround to counterspell effects and pushback.
- Instant cast of can be useful to escape melee based opponents, or in battle ground to stop flag runners.
- Nature's Swiftness can be dispelled or spellstolen. Because Nature's Swiftness doesn't trigger the global cooldown it can be used in macros to cast and instantly consume it to prevent this.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Now available only to Restoration Druids.
- No longer turns Cyclone into an instant-cast spell.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): No longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Balance and Restoration Druids at level 30.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent, and applies to Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, Nourish, Rebirth, and Regrowth. Can be used in any form. The duration of the applied spell is now also increased by 50%. Cooldown reduced from 3 to 1 min.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now also increases the healing done by the affected nature spell by 50%.
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): "Nature's Swiftness should properly affect ."
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): This ability will no longer give chances to trigger .