|Character class||Warrior, Warlock|
|Affiliation(s)||Old Horde, Dragonmaw Clan|
|Occupation||Second-in-command of the Dragonmaw clan, Warden of the Dragonqueen, Holder of the Demon Soul|
One of the few orcish warlocks who were not part of the Shadow Council, Nekros never cared for his dark, magical calling. He fled from the warlock ranks, returning to his warrior ways. But his duty to his clan, and himself, demanded that he saddle his burden, especially after a human knight deprived him of half a leg. His weapon was known as the .
Nekros was commissioned by Zuluhed to hold the Demon Soul, which he would use to capture and contain the mighty dragonqueen. They did just that, and Nekros became her warden in Grim Batol, using the Demon Soul to inflict unimaginable pain on her whenever she did not cooperate. When she tried to starve herself, he shattered an egg before her which forced her to return to cooperation with the orc.
Nekros continually abused her, both mentally and physically, especially after the Second War, when she became the only real weapon the Old Horde had against the Alliance. , whom Nekros thought to have been her last living consort, was also being held captive with her, but was slowly dying after he contracted a fatal ailment while imprisoned by the Orcs. Nekros knew he would soon have no further means of producing more red dragon eggs to aid the Horde's fight against the Alliance.
Nekros was tricked by into moving Alexstrasza into the open. Deathwing's own plan was to steal the red dragonflight eggs in the confusion. Alexstrasza was freed by her consort , and the first thing she did was dispose of Nekros, swallowing him whole and alive.
His son Nek'rosh survived the massacre.
- He believed in the fortune telling method known as bone rolling. He believed he had a fate the bones rolled for him, long, long ago.
- He believed in an afterlife filled with glorious battlefields (presumably the orcs believed they would be able to continue fight on the battlefields for eternity).
- Well, this one and his comrades have come too late! You'll not get the dragon and her young, human! Nekros thought ahead of you all!
- We're not craven, backstabbing scum like ! Dragonmaw clan fights to the bloody end, even if it be our own!
- No tricks, mage! Give me the disk back and I may let you live!
- He is also referred to as a Horde warlord.
- In the index of the Ultimate Visual Guide book, he is called Nekros Skullcatcher which is likely an oversight.
- In Greek, νεκρός (nekrós) means dead. This is the word necromancy is derived from, perhaps a reference to the darker forms of magic he used.
Chieftain of the Dragonmaw Clan (Azeroth)
Ruler of Grim Batol