Nerubian (only named as such in the non-canon RPG) is the main language of the nerubians. Chieftain Wintergale describes it as an ancient and harsh language. Nerubian script is described as "skittering".
Only one nerubian phrase has been known to be translated:
- "Shabtir bakh sokhen" = "The servant bows to the master's authority" - code words to enter Naxxanar
Untranslated words or phrases
- Acherus = Former Scourge necropolis, now controlled by the Ebon Blade
- "Auum na-l ak-k-k-k, isshhh." - spoken by Anub'arak as he submerges during the fight in Azjol-Nerub and the Crusaders' Coliseum
- Ahn'kahet = The nerubian name for the Old Kingdom.
- Azjol-Nerub = Called "the Spider Kingdom" in other sources.
- En'kilah = temple city in the northern Borean Tundra
- "F-lakkh shir!" - spoken by Anub'arak in the Crusaders' Coliseum
- "Hush-tak Hee-tah!" - spoken by Krik'thir the Gatewatcher in Azjol-Nerub.
- Kolramas = Crashed Scourge necropolis in Zul'drak
- Naxxanar = Scourge necropolis hovering over En'kilah in Borean Tundra.
- Naxxramas = Scourge necropolis, fortress of Kel'Thuzad
- Naz'anak = (presumed) nerubian name for The Forgotten Depths
- "Shhhad ak kereeesshh chak-k-k!" - spoken by Elder Nadox during the fight in Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
- Talramas = Crashed Scourge necropolis in Borean Tundra
- "Uunak-hissss tik-k-k-k-k!" - spoken by Anub'arak while fighting him in Azjol-Nerub
- Voltarus = Scourge necropolis in Zul'Drak
- Zeramas = Scourge necropolis in Zul'Drak
- "Unhhh-tikk-a-shisss. Kka shir. Na-l bkah a-shisss. Kreesh kik ik ta. Sohk-a tik hiss a-k-k-k." -
- Ahn = Old
- Anak = Depths
- Azjol/Kahet/Kilah = Kingdom/City
- En = temple
- Naz = Forgotten
- Nerub = Spider
- Shabtir = Servant
- Sokhen = Master