- "Spiderling" redirects here. For other uses, see Spiderling (disambiguation).
- For the WoW nerubian creature that has the name "nerubian spiderling" in the game files, see nerubian spider.
Spiderlings are nerubian young. They are hatched from the eggs of queens in breeding pods, as well as upon the death of some living adults. They can also hatch from unfortunate captured creatures.
In the RPG
Spiderlings are young and voracious nerubians. While not nearly as intelligent as adult nerubians, spiderlings are still dangerous; in fact, when they gather in swarms (which they often do), they are more dangerous than nerubian workers. Adult nerubians carry their young around their lairs. Up to around a dozen spiderlings cling to the adult's body. Nerubians leave the spiderlings in their lair when they move to confront enemies, but foes who clash with nerubians in their tunnels may find themselves confronting a spiderling swarm. Nerubians are spiderlings for about 3 years. At this point, they are adult nerubians. Like young creatures of other races, spiderlings have a limited command and understanding of their native language, Nerubian. Spiderling swarms are almost always attached to adults; the only other way an adventurer can reasonably expect to run into a spiderling swarm is in a nerubian incubation chamber. Spiderlings follow the commands of other nerubians, particularly the adult to which they are attached. Once the nerubians have destroyed or routed all opponents, the spiderlings feed.
- Nerub'ar Broodlings in Icecrown Citadel are the only small World of Warcraft mobs that use the standard nerubian model, and look like Warcraft III's spiderlings.
- ^ "Legacy of the Damned: The Forgotten Ones", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ a b http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/nerubians.shtml#nerubianspiderling
- ^ "Legacy of the Damned: Into the Shadow Web Caverns", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ Dark Factions, pg. 206