Nerus Moonfang is a night elf located at the Sanctum of Light in Eastern Plaguelands.
Nerus Moonfang was a night elf from Shadowfen. During the War of the Ancients, he made a hasty and panicked deal with a similarly minded man to himself, offering protection for his family from the Burning Legion. However, the man revealed himself to be the demon lord Oathbinder Zorak following the deal, unveiling the true terms of their agreement. If he spared him and his family, they would be bound for eternity to the Legion, serving forever as their slaves. After Nerus' death, his soul was imprisoned inside a [Felstone Pendant]. However, he wrote of the deal, and his hope that his family would understand why he made it, in his personal journal.
During the Third invasion of the Burning Legion, the Highlord of the Knights of the Silver Hand along with Delas Moonfang, Nerus' niece who had become a paladin under their tutelage, uncovered the deal through the journal and an initially blank scroll, revealing the truth of Nerus and Zorak after it was soaked in the blood of demons. Having also recovered the pendant, the Highlord destroyed it on Delas' plea. Immediately following the pendant's destruction, Nerus' spirit was released. Angrily demanding an explanation, Nerus solemnly apologized for his actions, but told them that they could still save the Moonfang family spirits enslaved by the Legion. Traveling to the Broken Shore, the Highlord freed the night elf spirits and slew Oathbinder Zorak, ending the curse placed upon the Moonfangs. Following this, Nerus pledged himself to the Knights of the Silver Hand to begin to atone for his actions, which Delas commented was a start for his redemption.
- I know I have much to answer for.
- Although you have freed my family from their curse, nothing can take away the pain my mistakes have caused them.
- Delas has done well to devote herself to the Silver Hand. Do not let my past reflect poorly on her.
- I'd like to follow her lead, and lend my aid to your order.
- Greetings friend.
- It is good to see you.
- Is THIS how I must repay for my mistakes?
- Do you not have better things to do?
- AH! DO I REALLY DESERVE THIS?!
- I AM NOT AMUSED!
- THIS... needs to stop...
- Safe travels.
- I must pay for my mistakes.
- It is a honor to walk beside you, Highlord.
- I will prove myself worthy.
- You will be judged!
- I will show no mercy!
- Bandu Thoribas!
- Killed a mob
- Judgment must be swift and true.
- We will prevail.
- Our will is strong!
- My spirit weakens...
- I require... a moments rest...
- You must continue on without me...