|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
All spell absorption effects.
- Nether Protection can be triggered by , and the Voidwalker's Sacrifice. It is not triggered by or damage mitigated through .
- Nether Protection will proc a different buff for each spell school. Each buff can be refreshed to its full duration by receiving further damage from that spell school.
- Multiple Nether Protection buffs can be active on the warlock at the same time.
- Once procced, Nether Protection buffs will last the full duration even if expires.
- As a passive ability, this does not mitigate or affect the damage that triggered it.
- One of the few forms of defense against Holy magic.
- Extremely useful against casters.
- This talent gives the warlock a steady 30% damage reduction against all spell schools provided is used regularly.
- Many hunter and rogue attacks also deal magical damage and so work with Nether Ward and Nether Protection.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Mechanics changed so that it now procs on absorbing spell damage instead of a chance on every spell hit.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Reduced to 30% damage reduction, down from 60%.
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "The Warlock ability Nether Protection will reduce spell damage by 30% instead of 60%."