Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For information on the specifically named mob, see Nether Ray (mob).
The nether ray is a beast native to Draenor/Outland and Bonich. It has a body much like a stingray's (thus the name) with a long tail and two feathery plumes. It has crystalline growths and stripes running down its body, and all types are brightly colored. Nether rays have been found in Netherstorm, Zangarmarsh, and Shadowmoon Valley and are tamable as hunter pets.
Nether Rays are among the most trusted, versatile mounts in all of Outland and beyond.
Native to the Terokkar Forest, nether rays spawn during the rainy season. Out of the hundreds of offspring resulting from one hatching, very few survive to adulthood. Adult nether rays are relatively docile, but their younglings are short-tempered and highly energetic beasts. The sting of the nether rays are filled with venom.
While not especially big as a whole, at least one titanic specimen has been allegedly spotted by adventurers in Zangarmarsh, dubbing it "Count" Ungula. The Cenarion Expedition would be interested in proof of the creature's existence.
- Aether Ray
- Bloodthirsty Marshfang
- Coilfang Ray
- Fen Ray
- Marshfang Ripper
- Marshfang Slicer
- Nether Ray
- Netherwing Ray
- Razorfang Hunter
As a mount
- Main article: Nether ray mounts
As a companion pet
- can be purchased from Grella in Terokkar Forest at a cost of 40 upon reaching exalted with the Sha'tari Skyguard.
- Fledgling Nether Rays can be captured in pet battles in Netherstorm.
- can be purchased from Maaria <Sha'tari Defense Quartermaster> at a cost of 1,000 2,000 upon reaching revered with the Sha'tari Defense.
As a hunter pet
Nether Rays are a family of hunter pets that are tamable starting at level 60. They allow hunters of any specialization to provide a bloodlust effect with the ability. Prior to patch 6.0.2, this utility was only available to Beast Mastery hunters using the exotic core hound pet. There are five different skins available for nether ray pets, all found in Outland.
- There are various drawings of nether rays in the Outland map. When zoomed in on Netherstorm or Nagrand, detailed drawings of nether rays can be found in the upper and lower left corners respectively.
- It is possible to mistake a nether ray for a spore bat if you are not looking closely, and that mistake might cost you.