||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
Netherwind Presence is a Mage talent in the Arcane tree. It increases the Arcane Mage's passive spell haste, which increases the speed at which he casts spells.
Spell haste is useful for both PvP and PvE as it makes your spells with a cast time such as [Arcane Blast] quicker and channeled spells such as [Arcane Missiles] do full damage in less time. In addition, it reduces your global cooldown, making it easier to cast multiple spells in quick succession in PvP or casting faster after an [Arcane Barrage] in PvE. It does not reduce cooldowns.
This talent increases spell haste in two ways: First, it adds a flat percentage to the mage's spell haste number. For example, a mage with no other haste rating on his gear will have 3.0% spell haste with three points in this talent.
Second, the talent increases the spell haste from gear by the given percentage. For example a level 85 mage with 500 haste rating, and no points in this talent, will have 3.90% spell haste. With three points in the talent, the same mage will have 4.02% spell haste (equivalent to 515 haste rating), plus the flat 3.0%, for a total of 7.02% spell haste.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): This talent is now a Tier 1 talent, down from Tier 10. Increases spell haste by 1/2/3%, down from 2/4/6%.