Crypt Queen |
|Affiliation(s)||Chromie's destroyers, Azjol-Nerub|
|Former occupation(s)||Spider queen|
Nezar'Azret was a nerubian queen of Azjol-Nerub who was killed by Arthas Menethil and the traitor king Anub'arak in the Upper Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. As a queen, Nezar'Azret was both leader and mother to her subjects.
Culling of Stratholme
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Working for an unknown master, Nezar'Azret captured the bronze dragon Chronormu and kept her captive at Crusaders' Square in Stratholme. Chronormu's future self and a class order champion, both from over a decade into the future, defeated Nezar'Azret and saved the imprisoned Chronormu.
She and her band of nerubian survivors remained in Azjol-Nerub. When the death knight Arthas Menethil, along with the traitor crypt lord Anub'arak, sought to reach his master quicker by passing through Azjol-Nerub, he came upon Queen Nezar'Azret and slaughtered her and her brethren.
- Clever dragon. I've captured you once, and I'll do it again!
- She was lore-wise originally located in the Shadow Web Caverns in The Frozen Throne. It was later changed to the Upper Kingdom.
- In The Frozen Throne, she only appears on Hard difficulty level. She can be found in the bottom right corner of the map, at the end of the room with the captured dwarves and egg sacks.
- As of Legion she is the first known instance of a female crypt lord.
- Although she was alive in The Frozen Throne, Nezar'Azret is undead during her appearance in the Culling of Stratholme in Legion even though it would have happened before Arthas and Anub'arak encountered her.
Nezar'Azret being undead in Stratholme while she was alive during her encounter with Anub'arak and Arthas is an inconsistency.
- It may mean that the Nezar'Azret found in Stratholme was raised in the future and sent there by time travel, just like Chromie and the adventurer were.
- It may also be just the case of a name or model reuse, or a developer mistake.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-15): "Nezar'Azret should now only summon adds when in combat."
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Added.