Nightbane (Return to Karazhan)
- This article is about the Return to Karazhan raid boss. For character biography, see .
|Race||Undead dragon (Undead)|
Accessing the boss
Upon opening the door as soon as you enter Return to Karazhan, the text "The strange chill of a dark presence winds through the air." is announced, beginning the time limit. From here, you must reach and click each soul fragment before time runs out:
- 8 minutes to defeat the Opera Hall event and reach the first soul fragment in the audience, refreshing the duration of the buff.
- The 2nd fragment is in the Guest Chambers before the (The only boss defeat not required).
- The 3rd is behind Moroes and his guests in the Banquet Hall.
- The 4th is in the spider-infested area of the Servants' Quarters.
- The 5th spawns after defeating The Curator in The Menagerie.
- After this, head to the Master's Terrace and speak with the Image of Medivh to access Nightbane.
If time runs out, "The air grows slightly warmer" will appear.
- Bellowing Roar — Releases a mighty dragon roar, causing all players to run in fear for 3 sec.
- Burning Bones — Burning bones surround a target, inflicting 398757 Fire damage every 2 sec. Burning Bones periodically loses a bone and, upon being dispelled or removed, forms a Restless Bones for each remaining one.
- Charred Earth — Sears the ground underneath a player for 1 min, inflicting 185125 Fire damage every 0.5 sec to players caught within.
- Cinder Breath — Inflicts 1181562 to 1305938 Shadowflame damage to players in front of the caster.
- Concentrated Power — The power flowing through Nightbane concentrates within its bones, increasing Physical damage done by 75% for 10 sec.
- Ignite Soul — Ignites a target's soul. After 9 sec, the target explodes, inflicting its current health as Fire damage to all other players.
- Infernal Power — The power flowing through Nightbane ignites the surrounding air, inflicting 131812 to 145688 Fire damage to all players every 2 sec for 10 sec.
- Rain of Bones — Nightbane breathes Shadowflame onto the ground, summoning forth a terrifying monstrosity!
- Reverberating Shadows — Envelops players with darkness, inflicting 337264 to 372766 Shadow damage instantly with an additional 80764 to 89266 Shadow damage every 2 sec to all players for 6 sec.
- Tail Swipe — Inflicts 696150 to 731850 Physical damage to players behind the caster, knocking them back.
- Absorb Vitality — Absorbs 1150475 healing on a player for 18 sec. While this is in effect, the caster steals 125000 health from the target every 3 sec, healing himself for 5 times the health stolen.
- Jagged Shards — Bone shards fly out of the caster, inflicting 57363 to 63402 Physical damage to all players. The shards inflict an additional 22125 Physical damage every 3 sec and reduce movement speed by 5%. This effect stacks.
|Bones of the Restless||Blood Artifact Relic|
|Echoing Madness||Storm Artifact Relic|
|Glimpse of the Afterlife||Holy Artifact Relic|
|Necrotic Dominion||Fel Artifact Relic|
|Nightmares of the Dead||Shadow Artifact Relic|
|Ritual of Animation||Life Artifact Relic|
|Scale of Arcanagos||Frost Artifact Relic|
|Searing Cinder||Fire Artifact Relic|
|Star of Hollow Spite||Iron Artifact Relic|
|Talisman of the Violet Eye||Arcane Artifact Relic|
- Image of Medivh yells: You've got my attention, dragon. You'll find I'm not as easily scared as the villagers below.
- Image of Arcanagos yells: Your dabbling in the arcane has gone too far, Medivh. You've attracted the attention of powers beyond your understanding. You must leave Karazhan at once!
- Image of Medivh yells: You dare challenge me at my own dwelling? Your arrogance is astounding, even for a dragon.
- Image of Arcanagos yells: A dark power seeks to use you, Medivh! If you stay, dire days will follow. You must hurry, we don't have much time!
- Image of Medivh yells: I do not know what you speak of, dragon... but I will not be bullied by this display of insolence. I'll leave Karazhan when it suits me!
- Image of Arcanagos yells: You leave me no alternative. I will stop you by force if you won't listen to reason.
- Arcanagos glows with a blue aura as Medivh casts a pyroblast that reflects off the dragon. Injured, Medivh stands back to his feet.
- Medivh begins to cast a spell of great power, weaving his own essence into the magic.
- Arcanagos begins to burn.
- Image of Medivh says: He should not have angered me. I must go... recover my strength now...
- Image of Arcanagos yells: What have you done, wizard? This cannot be! I'm burning from... within!
- Arcanagos flies down and transforms into Nightbane.
- Nightbane yells: Am I damned to answer the summons of mortals for all eternity?
- Nightbane yells: So be it! You will suffer for your insolence!
- Learn the meaning of torment!
- Come forth and burn!
- Ignite Soul
- Burn from the inside!
- Your soul betrays your allies!
- Your lifeblood is my weapon!
- Air phase
- I've toyed with you long enough!
- Miserable vermin. I shall exterminate you from the air!
- Phase 3
- Enough! I will finish you myself!
- I will end you!
- Time to end this!
- Bellowing Roar
- Run, cowards!
- Weak-willed mortals!
- Your courage falters!
- Killed a player
- I'll reduce you to ashes!
- Kindling for the fire!
- Who's next?!
- Mortals never learn.
- Pitiful... as expected.
- You called me here only to die at my feet?
- It is... never... over...
- I will... never... be free...
- The flames... await me...
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Added