Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article's name is unofficial.|
- This article is about the dragons serving the Emerald Nightmare. For the raid encounter, see Dragons of Nightmare. For the old world bosses, see Dragons of Nightmare (original).
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Prior to the start of the invasion of Outland, Ysera's most trusted lieutenants were warped by a dark new power within the Emerald Dream. These wayward sentinels passed through the Great Trees into Azeroth, intending to spread madness and terror throughout the mortal kingdoms:
- Lethon's exposure to the aberration within the Emerald Dream not only darkened the hue of the mighty dragon's scales, but also empowered him with the ability to extract malevolent shades from his enemies. Once joined with their master, the shades imbued the dragon with healing energies. Lethon was considered to be among the most formidable of Ysera's wayward lieutenants.
- The Emerald Nightmare had transformed the once-majestic Emeriss into a rotting, diseased monstrosity. Reports from the few who survived encounters with the dragon have told horrifying tales of putrid mushrooms erupting from the corpses of their dead companions. Emeriss was truly the most gruesome and appalling of Ysera's estranged green dragons.
- Taerar was perhaps the most affected of Ysera's rogue lieutenants. His interaction with the dark force within the Emerald Dream shattered Taerar's sanity as well as his corporeal form. The dragon now existed as a specter with the ability to split into multiple entities, each of which possessed destructive magical powers. Taerar was a cunning and relentless foe who was intent on turning the madness of his existence into reality for the inhabitants of Azeroth.
- Once one of Ysera's most trusted lieutenants, Ysondre had gone rogue, sowing terror and chaos across the land of Azeroth. Her formerly beneficial healing powers had given way to dark magics, enabling her to cast smoldering lightning and summon the aid of fiendish druids. Ysondre and her kin also possessed the ability to induce sleep, sending her unfortunate mortal foes to the realm of their most terrifying nightmares.
Lethon and Emeriss were killed during the War Against the Nightmare, respectively by the redeemed Eranikus and Tyrande Whisperwind. Ysondre was later freed of her insanity and, after aiding adventurers in killing Taerar, set about living a peaceful life among mortals, hopefully for the rest of her days.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
The great matron of the Green dragonflight, Ysera, was corrupted by Xavius and the power of the Tears of Elune. The World Tree Shaladrassil got corrupted by the Nightmare, engulfing its guardians Nythendra and Dresaron, as well as other Green dragons Rothos and Shar'thos. Besides their minds, their forms were also warped by the shadow invading Val'sharah.
Ysondre was drawn back into the Nightmare and nightmares of her former comrades had joined her, completely consuming the Emerald Dreamway in shadows. Ysondre was ultimately slain, but her spirit and the spirits of her comrades were seen in the restored Emerald Dream after Xavius was defeated.
- In World of Warcraft, several other members of the Green dragonflight were depicted as corrupted by the Nightmare, but kept their original shape. This includes the Nightmare Whelps, the drakes Dreamscythe, Hazzas, Morphaz and Weaver, the dragon Eranikus, as well as the Scalebanes, Suppressors, Wanderers and Wyrmkin dragonspawn
- ^ 2015-11-06, World of Warcraft: Legion – World and Content Overview | Summary. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2015-11-08