- For lore and background about the August Celestial, see Niuzao.
|Title||<The Black Ox>|
|Location||The Celestial Court, Timeless Isle|
- Main article: Niuzao
The trial of Niuzao is a test of bravery and fortitude. When Emperor Shaohao was overcome with fear, the Black Ox counseled him to face his fears directly. After a protacted battle with the Sha of Fear, the Emperor emerged victorious. To pass the trial of the Ox, warriors must be resolute in the face of overwhelming danger.
- 526,281 - 785,984 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Headbutt — Inflicts 1,000,000 Physical damage, knocks the player back and removes all threat.
- Oxen Fortitude — Niuzao tests the enemy's fortitude, increasing all players' health by 20% and Niuzao's damage dealt by 10% per stack for 2 min. This effect stacks.
- Massive Quake — Inflicts 50,000 Physical damage every 1 sec. for 10 sec.
- Charge — At 66% and 33% health remaining, Niuzao charges around the arena, inflicting 250,000 Physical damage to enemies within 30 yards every 1 sec.
Niuzao is generally considered the easiest of the four celestials, with the only truly deadly attack being the easily dodged Charge. Two tanks are required. The Black Ox will periodically use headbutt, knocking the current tank back quite a ways and wiping threat. The second tank should immediately pick up the boss and swap back when he headbutts again. The Oxen Fortitude debuff should not come into play unless the battle drags on. If it does, the healers should be ready for a harder time as the fight progresses due to the increase in health and damage. Niuzao's Massive Quake will deal a large amount of raid-wide damage. There is no way to avoid this and must be healed through. Niuzao will start off charge by running to the middle of the arena, casting for about 3 seconds, and then start rushing around the perimeter of the arena. Avoid the middle of the arena when Niuzao is casting, then stack in the middle. The boss will not hit the raid since he only moves about the perimeter during Charge.
- Tier 16 gloves and leggings
- Arena Season 15 epic necklaces, cloaks, bracers, gloves, boots and rings
- Emperor Shaohao yells: In the face of great fear, the black ox taught me fortitude, Through terror and darkness it persevered. The fear was vanquished.
- Niuzao yells: Can you stand on the tallest peak? Winds and sleet buffeting your skin, until the trees wither and the mountains fall into the sea?
- We shall see.
- The winds may be strong, and the sleets may sting.
- You are the mountain unmovable by all but time!
- Massive Quake
- Be vigilant in your stand or you will never achieve your goals!
- Killed a Player
- You must persevere!
- Niuzao yells: Though you will be surrounded by foes greater than you can imagine, your fortitude shall allow you to endure. Remember this in the times ahead.
- Emperor Shaohao yells: You have walked the trial of fortitude, and learned of the path of the black ox. May it bless your passage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): "All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot."
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
- Hotfix (2013-12-02): "The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health. If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up. The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.