Northern Stranglethorn (also referred to as Stranglethorn Jungle and Northern Stranglethorn Vale) is a zone in southern Eastern Kingdoms. It is part of the greater Stranglethorn Vale region, separated from the Cape of Stranglethorn by The Sundering. This dense, tropical and resource-filled jungle has holdings of many factions whose agendas conflict or intertwine in the zone's story. The jungle troll instance Zul'Gurub is located here.
- Main article: Stranglethorn Vale
Northern Stranglethorn is a new zone in Cataclysm as the old Stranglethorn Vale was split in half after the Shattering. At the bottom of this zone, the remaining whirlpool can be seen. Players learn about the political changes in Zul'Gurub, rescue an adorable raptor, and partake in Nesingwary's expanded hunting operations.
Maps and subregions
Map of Northern Stranglethorn.
The Sundering in Stranglethorn Vale literally split the zone in two.
||20 - 60
||By foot of flight path.
|Cape of Stranglethorn
||30 - 60
||By foot or flight path.
Quest and travel hubs
||Approximate run time
- Main article: Northern Stranglethorn quests
Raining in Northern Stranglethorn
Northern Stranglethorn is a level 20-25 zone in southern Eastern Kingdoms for both the Horde and Alliance. It starts out separated, with the Alliance going to the Rebel Camp in the north and the Horde going to Grom'gol Base Camp on the eastern coast. The overarching story for the whole zone revolves around a Lashtail Hatchling. Nesingwary and his crew still offer the quests involving hunting the local wildlife.
- Main article: Northern Stranglethorn NPCs
Notes & trivia
- For the quest  Bwemba's Spirit, the southern part of the area, around Fort Livingston is phased, with the area besieged by level 83 Jungle Serpents, and poisoned NPCs!
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Level scaling implemented, previous zone level: 25 - 30.