Northshire Valley is a pristine valley in Elwynn Forest in which both Northshire Abbey and the Northshire Vineyards are located. This is where the human starting area is located, though the serene valley is visited by adventurers from all over the world.
Northshire Valley is surrounded by impenetrable mountains, with the exception of a pass to the south which is protected by thick stone walls and a guarded entryway. A river runs through the valley, which eventually exits Northshire and empties into Crystal Lake.
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
The guards of Stormwind had trouble maintaining the peace in Northshire Valley, due to an increase in activity from various threats. Deputy Willem noted an increase in the number of wolves inhabiting the woods, reported a faction of kobolds infesting the areas in and around Echo Ridge Mine, and feared for her vineyard at the hands of Defias Brotherhood thugs.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
- In vanilla World of Warcraft, was inside the Abbey. Since Cataclysm, he is outside the Abbey.
- If you raid Northshire, some of the NPC's like the trainers can't be attacked for some reason.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Northshire Valley receives its own world map.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Mobs in area changed, quests in area changed, Northshire Vineyards is now burning, and new training dummies implemented.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): More quests added.