The Northspear is an Alliance destroyer that served in the Alliance navy as part of the Northrend campaign. Assigned to support the Valiance Expedition in its offensive against the Undead Scourge, the vessel provided transport between the Eastern Kingdoms port of Menethil Harbor, and the base at Valgarde in the Howling Fjord. As an icebreaker, it was specially-designed to be able to tackle the harsh conditions of the frigid continent of Northrend.
Along with the Kraken (based from Stormwind Harbor), the Northspear offers the primary non-magical transport option to Northrend. Throughout the war, it was known to ferry many Alliance heroes to the continent, to continue the war against the Lich King.
- Captain John Brookman
- First Mate Kacy Dishon
- Navigator Marcus
- Sailor Berg
- Sailor Davies
- Sailor Jansen
- Menethil Harbor to Valgarde: 3 minutes 28 seconds (this unusually long trip results from the Northspear having to pass Valgarde, turn around, and dock facing southwards)
- Valgarde to Menethil Harbor: 1 minute 55 seconds
- Dock time: 1 minute
- Round trip: 7 minutes 23 seconds
Notes and trivia
- Players with an Epic flying mount or druids with and could fly faster than the Northspear on the approach to Valgarde, and may have chosen to take off once the ship enters between the high cliffs.
- The Northspear occupied the space of the vessel known as the Bravery which, following the opening of the war in Northrend, relocated to Stormwind Harbor.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.