Northwatch Expedition Base Camp
The Northwatch Expedition Base Camp (or just the Northwatch Expedition Base) is an Alliance camp located near the Unearthed Grounds, headed by Force Commander Valen in the Stonetalon Mountains. Accessible from the Greatwood Vale, it overlooks Grimtotem Post and the conflict taking place there. It is from here that the Alliance began digging what is now known as the Deep Reaches, and the outpost also opens up to the Unearthed Grounds; both areas are the site of conflict with the Horde at present.
At some point, when the Alliance soldiers were seemingly fighting elsewhere, Malus and the Hidden lured Aramar Thorne into the base camp. A great battle ensued here between the Hidden and Aram's friends, with Malus killing Taryndrella. The arakkoa Ssarbik opened a portal and the Hidden left with Aram, but not before kicking Reigol Valdread off the camp down to the valley. The camp was left battle-torn, and Makasa took its remaining weapons. Almost a year later, Aram returned here but did not stay long in the camp. He came to see the Forever Tree below. According to the base's soldiers, the tree blooms year-round.
- Force Commander Valen
- Chief Explorer Jansun <Blacksmith>
- Explorer Tabby Triloc <Trader>
- "Cookie" McWeaksauce
- Lyanath <Innkeeper>
- Kaluna Songflight <Flight Master>
- Northwatch Infantry
- Northwatch Guard
- The inn here is named Northwatch Expedition Base Camp Inn and gives a discovery message upon first visiting, but it is little more than a stone gazebo. It does not appear as a named subzone on the minimap.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Area added.