Ny'alotha, the Waking City
- This article is about the instance. For the lore, see Ny'alotha.
|Ny'alotha, the Waking City|
Old Gods |
|End boss||N'Zoth the Corruptor|
The raid entrance is located in a large floating obelisk located above either Whitepetal Lake in Vale of Eternal Blossoms or Vir'naal Dam in Uldum, depending on which zone is currently under assault from the Black Empire.
Ny'alotha, the Sleeping City, has awakened. Under N'Zoth's command, the armies of the Black Empire threaten to engulf the world and reshape it according to their master's vision. Only one hope remains: using the repaired titan forges to eradicate the Corruptor once and for all. But in order to target N'Zoth with the forges' power, the champions of Azeroth must venture deep into the horrific realm for one final confrontation against the Old God.
Maps and subregions
- Vision of Destiny
From his dark throne, N'Zoth concocts visions of a future where Azeroth has fallen, and none are left to resist his empire.
- Halls of Devotion
Within their black halls, N'Zoth's devoted perform profane rituals to bring about the end of the world.
- Gift of Flesh
Buried deep within a fissure of twisted flesh, Il'gynoth's corruption continues to spread from this realm into the next.
- The Waking Dream
Deep within his monument of filth, lies the corruptor, and the final confrontation that will determine the fate of Azeroth.
Raid Unlock Schedule:
- January 21, 2020 — Normal and Heroic Difficulties
- January 28, 2020 — Mythic Ny'alotha, Raid Finder Wing 1 (Vision of Destiny)
- February 11, 2020 — Raid Finder Wing 2 (Halls of Devotion)
- February 25, 2020 — Raid Finder Wing 3 (Gift of Flesh)
- March 10, 2020 — Raid Finder Wing 4 (The Waking Dream)
- The Waking City has multiple similarities to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. Aside from Ny'alotha and Ahn'Qiraj having similar architecture, both raids also feature anubisath trash mobs that reflect certain magic types (Anubisath Sentinels/Anubisath Sentinels), an insectoid prophet who creates copies of himself (the Prophet Skeram/the Prophet Skitra), a council fight against the dual leaders of an insectoid race (Twin Emperors/the Hivemind), and a final battle against an Old God (C'Thun/N'Zoth).
- While this raid was originally announced as "Ny'alotha, the Waking City", it was initially called only Ny'alotha in early PTR builds.
- On the patch 8.3 PTR, the raid's Adventure Guide entry originally read: Ny'alotha, the sleeping city, has awakened. For the first time in millennia, N'Zoth sits on his throne within the Black Empire. His armies flood from their dark halls, once again wreaking havoc on Azeroth. As the world shudders from these invasions, a desperate plan is hatched. Champions from the Horde and Alliance are gathered to face this ancient enemy within his own realm for one final confrontation that will decide the fate of the universe.
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.
- ^ Battle for Azeroth: Visions of N'Zoth Goes Live January 14. Blizzard Entertainment (2019-12-19). Retrieved on 2019-12-23.
- ^ World of Warcraft 2019-10-07. Content Preview: Visions of N’Zoth (10:45). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-17.