|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Title||<Gnomish Engineering Trainer>|
|Level||50 / 120|
|Health||2,206 / ??|
|Location||Booty Bay, Cape of Stranglethorn; Mechagon Island|
Oglethorpe makes a point of telling adventurers who speak to him that if they represent Gnomeregan, he has nothing to say to them and that they should leave. The reason for this hostility is revealed to Horde adventurers who visit him to learn Gnome Engineering. According to Oglethorpe, he was ostracized by the rulers of Gnomeregan because they considered him an "intellectual threat." Indignant, he left Gnomeregan for good, which likely led to his residence in Booty Bay. Oglethorpe tells the player that because of the way the ruling faction of Gnomeregan treated him, it lost one of the greatest gnome engineers alive. He particularly does not like Tinkmaster Overspark.
What really happened was that, after creating an unbeatable robot for a friendly competition of inventors, Sicco Thermaplugg stole his blueprints and created the Crowd Pummeler 9-60. Thermaplugg set it loose in Gnomeregan, and the ruling council of the Gnomes banished Oglethorpe, believing him to be responsible.
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Hello there lad...the name's Oglethorpe and I may be responsible for one of the amazing gnomish devices you might possess! If it blew up, then it wasn't me; if it made you rich though, we can discuss royalties!
Oh just if you're from Gnomeregan, you can just take two ninety degree angles, smash them together, and start marching. I have nothing to say to you.
- Gnomish engineer specialists
Greetings! If you are here to access gnome engineering schemata, then you are welcome to do so. Our scanners report you are a certified gnomish engineer!
Access secret gnome engineering schemata!
- Any of Oglethorpe's Homing Robots quests completed
Well, if it isn't <name>! It's good to see you again; I cannot express my gratitude enough at the help that you've given me and my invention work to date.
What can I do for you today?
- His name is a reference to the cartoon Aqua Teen Hunger Force. One of its characters is an alien named Oglethorpe, who consults a disco ball named Obnoticus for guidance.
- He may be related to Osborn Obnoticus.
- It is possible that the 7:XT unit was sent by him to recover his missing OOX homing robots.
- Patch 1.8.4 (2005-12-5): Fixed a bug with Oglethorpe Obnoticus' gossip where he was being much more familiar with strangers than he should have been.
|Booty Bay||Mechagon Island|