Western Blade's Edge Mountains
Ogri'la is a community of Blade's Edge ogres who have transcended their brutish nature — and the domination by the gronn — to achieve enlightenment, aided by the powerful influence of the Apexis Crystals. The ogres are in battle with the forces of the Burning Legion, seeking to claim the Apexis Crystals for themselves, and the black dragonflight. The ogres are aided by the Sha'tari Skyguard and by adventurers who overthrew Gruul the Dragonkiller's sons, ending their control over the ogre clans of Blade's Edge.
Other ogres mention Ogri'la as a sort of promised land. For example, if you attack and kill the common ogres in Blade's Edge Mountains after becoming king or queen of the ogres, they will say various phrases referencing Ogri'la upon death.
- "[King/Queen] think... there really is... an Ogri'la?"
- "Me go to... Ogri'la."
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
When Azeroth was struck by the Cataclysm, the ogre Mog'dorg the Wizened left Outland in order to lend a hand, as seen in the quest , where Mog'dorg the Wizened is one of several NPCs who may help the player. In the quest, he utters the following lines, indicating that the ogres of Ogri'la may not have forgotten how the people of Azeroth aided them in their own time of need:
- "I heard Azeroth needed saving. May I lend a hand?"
- "We ogres are not all bad."
- "You have the support of Ogri'la."
- "We are friends of the world you call Azeroth. I am happy to provide any assistance that I can."
- "It is time that I returned to Ogri'la. I hope you do not forget about us, as we have not forgotten you."
"The Ogre plateau of enlightenment opens to those who prove their worth in Blade's Edge Mountains. Level 70 players will be able to help the Ogres of Ogri'la battle invading forces and engage in new and exciting quests, such as a repeatable and ever popular bombing-run, this time using your own flying mount but with a dangerous twist! Featuring tons of new quests, the Ogri'la faction, 5-person bosses, and rare and epic items, Ogri'la is a place we're hoping all will aspire to enter." (World of Warcraft Under-Development Page, for patch 2.1.0)
Ogri'la is situated on a plateau near the western edge of the Blade's Edge Mountains, west of Sylvanaar, and between Forge Camp Terror and Forge Camp Wrath. It is only accessible by a flying mount or flight form. (Players can also access the plateau after having honored reputation with the Sha'tari Skyguard via the transportation between Terokkar Forest and Blade's Edge, but players still need to be able to fly to access the Skyguard camp near Skettis.)
- Mog'dorg the Wizened
- Jho'nass <Ogri'la Quartermaster>
- Ogri'la Steelshaper <Blacksmithing Supplies>
- Ogri'la Storyteller
- Mingo <Reagents>
- Ogri'la Keg King <Drink Vendor>
- Ogri'la Peacekeeper
- Ogri'la Trader <Trade Goods>
- Ogri'la Grubgiver <Food Vendor>
- Ogri'la Merchant <General Goods>
- Torkus Jr.
At Revered with the Ogri'la faction, the ogres will greet and praise the player (similar to the Sha'tari Skyguard). The ogres will also wave, bow, dance, cheer, or roar if the player is nearby. Gahk will also say a few of his own, in Low Common.
- The crystals sing a sweeter song when <name> is around.
- Three cheers for <name>!
- <Name>! The crystals sing your praises!
- It's <name>, mighty <class> and <brother/sister> to ogres everywhere!
- We hear that the dragons tremble in fear at the mere mention of <name>.
- Hey look, it's <name>!
- <Name>, how are you?
- <Name>, how are you today?
- The gronn… the Legion… is there nothing you can't handle, <name>?
- Thank you for helping us, <name>.
- We heard that <name> single-handedly took out a forge camp!
- We are honored by your presence, little <brother/sister> <name>.
- <Name>, how many hundreds of demons have you banished?
- If it weren't for <name>, where would we be now?
- <Name>, <king/queen> of the ogres, is here!
- You could all learn a lot from <name>!
- Now that <name> is here, we won't need to worry about the Burning Legion any longer.
- We owe you a debt of gratitude <name>.
- <Name> is our hero!
- We heard that <name> figured out how to use the apexis relics and monuments!
- We still stand here only because of <name>'s help.
- Truly <name> has been enlightened by the crystals.
- We hope you're staying for a while, <name>. Stop by later and we'll catch up on old times.
- How <name> today?
- Gahk like <name>!
- <Name> take out forge camp all by <himself/herself>!
- Da crystals sing da perdy song when little <name> here.
- Gahk hear dat <name> know how use da apexis relics!
- <Name>, <king/queen> of da ogres here!
- We glad, little <brother/sister> <name> here.
Bash'ir Landing raid
- Main article: Bash'ir Landing raid
Once every two hours, a group of Skyguard will launch an attack from the Skyguard base at Ogri'la to Bash'ir Landing. Three waves of attackers will spawn and attack the Skyguard NPCs, each wave stronger than the previous. If the Skyguard NPCs are killed the event is over. At the end of each wave a boss has to be defeated. Once he is defeated a NPC vendor will spawn with rare items. Three different vendors are available, each with better items like flasks and unique gems. These can only be bought with Apexis Shards.
The waves of mobs get stronger fast. The first phase will require about three people to beat, the second phase can not be done without a Karazhan-size raid force and the last phase needs a full 25 man raid group to beat.
- Phase 1: Aether-tech Assistant Potion vendor
- Phase 2: Aether-tech Adept Gem vendor
- Phase 3: Aether-tech Master Meta gem and Geode vendor
- The concept of Ogri'la is based on the fictional valley of Shangri-La, which itself is based on the Buddhist myth of Shambhala. This concept seems to go beyond just the similar name, as other ogres seem to consider Ogri'la somewhat of a "promised land" (see above).
- As ogre mages who have liberated themselves from the gronn and learned from arakkoa (or arakkoa artifacts, as the case may be), Ogri'la could be seen as a successor to the Gorian Empire.
- A cut mission referred to Ogri'la as "the other city of mages", comparing it to Dalaran.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.