- For the Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Human campaign mission at the same location, see Rockard and Stonard (WC1 Human).
Northwestern Blasted Lands
Okril'lon Hold, previously called Dreadmaul Hold, was a Horde fortress in the northwest corner of the Blasted Lands. It was originally called Rockard, but was later renamed by the Dreadmaul ogres who took control of it. It contains a barracks and a blacksmith.
The fortress was founded as an outpost, called Rockard, in the Black Morass, after the first opening of the Dark Portal. It is one of the oldest orc cities of Azeroth, along with the town of Stonard.
The ogres' dominion
Rockard seemingly survived the Second War as it was still under orc control. But not for long, as it was taken over by the Dreadmaul ogres, who forced out the orcs and renamed it Dreadmaul Hold. It became the main encampment of the Dreadmaul ogres under the rulership of Grol the Destroyer, who became a servant of the demon Razelikh the Defiler. Grol ambushed Loramus Thalipedes when he arrived in the Blasted Lands to hunt Razelikh, and both died during the fight. Many other ogres were also killed by adventurers sent by the Fallen Hero of the Horde, to retrieve the Amulet of Grol.
The Horde returns
The Horde forces, led by Warmatron Okrilla, managed to regain control of Dreadmaul Hold after the Cataclysm. Some of the ogre inhabitants were enslaved, but many others fled, and later begun to ambush the hold. Now Okrilla, the new leader of the fortress, does not allow any non-orc into town, and started to launch attacks against the Alliance forces of Nethergarde Keep.
Warlords of Draenor
- Master Aitokk
- Chef Braf <Food & Drink Merchant>
- Kroff <Stable Master>
- Neka <Reagents & Poisons>
- Overseer Struk <Blacksmithing Supplies>
- Innkeeper Grak <Innkeeper>
- Preda <Wind Rider Master>
- Dreadmaul Captive
In Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
In the human campaign of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, Rockard and Stonard are mentioned as the last defense of the Horde before Blackrock Spire and both were destroyed at the end of the campaign. Since the last stages of the human campaign are not canon, both survived the war.
Rockard seen in the east on Azeroth's map from the First War.
Notes and trivia
- A marker at refers to Dreadmaul Hold as Hot New Orc Fortress!
- Dreadmaul Hold was renamed to Rockard in the early beta stages of Cataclysm, but this idea was scrapped and it was decided to keep the original name.
- During the Warlords of Draenor opening event, this hold is phased into the Okril'lon Hold for level 90s only.
- Rockard was probably occupied by the Dreadmaul ogres after the Second War as it was destroyed in its end. Whether the Dreadmaul were part of the Horde during said war is unknown.
- The hold is probably named after Okrilla and her Okril'lon. The new name was given either before the invasion of the Iron Horde when the Horde took control of Dreadmaul Hold in or at any point after Cataclysm, or it was named as part of the WoD beta when some Okril'lon, including the leader, betrayed the Horde possibly seizing the hold for themselves. Since the later was scraped, it is more likely that it was before the invasion.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Renamed from Dreadmaul Hold. Taken by the Iron Horde.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Rebuilt. Now a Horde outpost.
|Okril'lon Hold||Dreadmaul Hold|