Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Canals/Trade District, Stormwind City |
Jem (husband), Jem, Jack, Jake (sons), Janice (sister)|
Jeremiah Felstone (brother)
Emma Felstone, colloquially known as Ol' Emma, is a human woman located in the city of Stormwind. Her house can be found in the Canal District, although she may sometimes be found walking between her house and the well in the Trade District to fetch water. She may also be found wandering the main promenade on Darkmoon Island.
Emma is originally from the Felstone Field farm in the area now known as Western Plaguelands in Lordaeron. Her life and her family, along with most of the kingdom were destroyed as a result of the outbreak of the Plague of Undeath and the subsequent rise of the Scourge, leaving her all alone.
Before the Storm
After Anduin Wrynn's speech at Lion's Rest following the Argus Campaign, Emma was lost in her thoughts about the unclear final fate of her sons, James, John and Jacob. She composed herself, reminding herself of Anduin's words about taking care of the living, and continued to carry buckets of water.
Emma attended the Gathering in the Arathi Highlands where she made the acquaintance of the young Philia Fintallas and Osric Strang. Emma was not prepared for how bad some of the Forsaken looked and was worried that she would be unable to recognize her sons. When several humans returned to the keep in shock at the appearance of the undead, Emma decided to stay so her sons would not be disappointed. The joy of being reunited with her three sons was almost more than Emma could handle and she developed breathing difficulties that required healing from Calia Menethil.
When Sylvanas ordered her dark rangers to kill all Forsaken on the field, one of Emma's sons carried her as they fled towards Alliance lines, causing her to hit the ground hard and cry out their names when they were shot. Anduin gathered Emma onto the back of his gryphon, telling her that she must "live for all of them, since they cannot" before sending her to safety.
Emma returned to the Arathi Highlands to bury the bodies of her sons, alongside other human attendees who also lost their Forsaken family and friends in the bloodshed. She broke down, weeping that her boys were gone and she was alone. She was comforted by Philia who promised that they would help each other.
- Stormwind City
- As if I don't have better things to do in my old age than carry buckets of water.
- Deja vu. For a moment I thought I was back home... before the plague...
- Jack and Jill my wrinkled patoot! I do all the water luggin' 'round here.
- Seems like a hundred times a day I walk all the way to the well to get more water. No respect for their elders I tell ya.
- Think I'm starting to wear a rut in the paving stones.
- Where's the water, Emma? Get the water, Emma? If'n it weren't fer me, that lot wouldn't know what water looks like.
- O'course I'm talkin to myself. Only way to get a decent conversation in this city.
- One of these days I'm gonna drown him in that blue robe. And all his brooms too.
- Darkmoon Isle
- It's nice to relax for a day.
- Well this is certainly a nice change of scenery.
- What a festive event.
- No need to lug water around here.