|Location||Heartland, Valley of the Four Winds|
|Relative(s)||Deceased wife, Tai (son, deceased)|
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
He was married and he and his wife had a son named Tai, but he became a widower when Tai was young. Tai grew up, but also passed away in recent times. There are two tombstones on the path going to the Singing Marshes from Hillpaw's home. Since then, he has become increasingly reclusive.
Once you become best friends, Hillpaw gifts you with five chickens that wander around the animal pen at Sunsong Ranch. His letter will also contain the . You will also be able to purchase Straw Hats of a more appropriate armor type for your class if necessary from Gina Mudclaw.
The Untamed Valley
After Haohan Mudclaw and Mung-Mung rescued Lyalia, Maraad and their prisoner Mashok from the virmen, Haohan invited them to have supper at the Haohan House, where Old Hillpaw is present. When the Dark Shaman attack in order to free Mashok, Old Hillpaw aids in the defense and survives the night.
Old Hillpaw is the canniest chicken raiser around.
He can be found at Heartland (30,53) for these quests.
- Quest:The Perfect Feather (+3750)
I ain't never been much good with words, but I wanted to send you a few tokens o' my appreciation for all the help around the farm.
I thought yer farm looked a bit empty, so I'm giving you some o' my prized chickens. Take care o' them, and don't let those amorous roosters get too crazy.
I also had this extra hat lying around, and I thought I'd give it to you. It's good for keeping the sun off your face.
- I ain't got time for no strangers. Now please leave me be.
- Can't you see I'm busy? Got things I'm working at, stranger.
- Bah! Leave an old man be!
- Do ye pester everyone this much? Sheesh.
- Humph. I'm busy, can't you see?
- Pah! I know I seen you around, but that don't make us friends. Go away!
- Buddy, ye know... sometimes it's nice to see you around.
- Hey buddy, I'm busy here. Can't ye come back later?
- Buddy, ye sure got a big mouth. Does it ever stop yappin'?
- Hey friend, thanks for visiting today.
- Hey friend, I'm a little busy here. Ye got something ya need?
- Howdy, friend. You ever tried a fresh egg from one o' my chickens? Dee-licious, I tell ya.
- Friend, you sure do run your mouth when you get a chance. But it's kinda nice to hear somethin' other than silence now and again.
- Good Friend
- Hey, it's my good friend <name>! Anything I can do fer ya?
- My good friend, you got any news for me today?
- Hey <name>, I been thinkin' that your farm needs some chickens. What do you think?
- Ye know, <name>, I gotta admit I look forward to your visits now and again.
- Best Friend
- You know, you've been a real nice friend to me for a while now. Now that we're neighbors, I'm going to give you some of my chickens. Ain't too much, but they should liven up yer farm a bit. I'll send 'em over.
- Howdy, neighbor. Nice day today.
- Hey, neighbor! Fields are lookin' like a shiny new copper today.
- Well, <name>? How are those chickens doing?
Make sure to look around for their eggs. Those darned things hide them in the weirdest places!
- Howdy, neighbor! Good to see ya! You come visit me any time, you hear?
- Old Hillpaw's Note
Went to Halfhill Market. Please show yourselves out.
- Old Hillpaw
Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.