||This article's name is unofficial.
- Please note that while the content is valid, this article's name is not official.
- This is because no official name is available for the subject of this article. We use a descriptive name instead.
- This article should not be moved unless discussed first - Remember to follow the naming policy.
- For other uses, see Culling of Stratholme (disambiguation).
Old Stratholme (Stratholme City in the map and referred to as Stratholme Past) is the setting of the Culling of Stratholme instance, alongside the Road to Stratholme. It is also one of the areas visited in The Deaths of Chromie.
The instance is set four years before the beginning of World of Warcraft around the time of the Warcraft III campaign mission The Culling, during in which Prince Arthas leads the purge of Stratholme.
The forested region outside Stratholme, and some of the city areas like King's Square or the Festival Lane are fully explorable, provided that you have not spoken to Arthas after using the [Arcane Disruptor] to locate the plagued grain.
- For the history of the city, see the History section on Stratholme.
Maps and subregions
NPCs for questing
Residents and travelers
There are many NPCs with some connection to important events in World of Warcraft and the Warcraft universe as a whole seen here in the past. They are mostly affiliated with either the Scourge, the Alliance or the Argent Dawn. In addition, several of the NPCs are directly related to the Stratholme instances.
- Crusaders' Square
- Elders' Square is blocked by a cart of grain, though you can still see the (perfectly intact) Alonsus Chapel on the other side.
- The way to Crusaders' Square is blocked by gates that are only accessible by advancing through the instance.
- The city hall is not found in the present-day Stratholme.
- In the tunnel leading to the backstreets of Stratholme there is a cell.