We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Omen of Clarity
|Omen of Clarity|
Omen of Clarity is a passive level 48 Feral and Restoration druid ability. For Feral, your autoattacks to give a small chance to make your next ability cost no energy. For Restoration, the periodic healing from gives a 4% chance to make your next cost no mana.
- The proc rate of the autoattack version is roughly 6%. There is no internal cooldown on the ability, and it can happen multiple times in a row.
Tips and tactics
- As the cost of the next ability is reduced to zero, the Clearcasting state is best used to cast an expensive spell or use an expensive ability.
At the time of release, Omen of Clarity was a talent available in the balance tree which applied a weapon buff to the druid's melee weapon. The clearcasting state gave mana-free spells only (not rage or energy-free feral abilities) and could only be triggered by the druid meleeing in caster form (not by attacks in bear or cat form, and moonkin form did not yet exist).
The original balance tree was exceptionally unpopular among druids, and Omen of Clarity with its requirement for significant caster-form melee was an obscure talent in that tree.
Patch 1.8 radically changed the talent by:
- Making it a buff on the character instead of the weapon.
- Allowing it a chance to proc on all melee attacks, including those made in feral forms.
- Expanding clearcasting to give free feral abilities, as well as free spells.
This transitioned an obscure balance spell into a very potent feral combat spell.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 48 (was 38).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Redesigned.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Now has a different visual effect for Feral Druids.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Feral and Restoration specialization passive ability. Restoration version now has a 4% chance to trigger from Lifebloom periodic healing, and does not affect Nourish.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Clearcasting buff from now lasts 15 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent is chosen.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer a talent, available to all druids.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now a passive spell. Now also procs on damage and healing spells, yet no longer procs on feral abilities(only auto-attacks proc it). Proc rate is roughly 6% with a 10 second internal cooldown.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This spell is no longer castable in Tree of Life Form or .