Opening the Way
120 (Requires 120)
Complete the ritual.
- Speak with Brother Pike to begin
- Perform Ritual in correct order
Hmm. This ritual is a bit... tricky. No matter, together we will be able to complete it.
I shall begin to channel. You will need to activate the runes in the proper order. I shall leave the scroll here so you may consult it.
You will receive:
- 23 40
- 17,850 XP
There we are. The clouds clear and the sea calms. Our way is open.
From here we shall be able to reach Fate's End. Hopefully in time.
- Brother Pike says: Speak to me when you are ready to begin.
Speak with Pike:
- The ritual of safe passage will require both of us working together.
- Are you ready?
I am ready to begin.
- Brother Pike says: Wind and current carry our plea.
- Brother Pike says: Weary souls lost to the depths, we call upon you.
- Brother Pike says: Leave the embrace of the Abyss to aid your brethren once more.
Interact with the Scroll of Safe Passage in front of Pike:
Many souls have been lost to the whispers of the tides and rocky shoals that surround Fate's End. Only those who have been washed clean of their mortal shells know the safe path. Passage is guaranteed by calling home those mariners lost to violent seas.
The Ritual Knife, Ritual Lantern, and Ritual Bell are to be each used once in the proper order.
<The proper order is not written down, but clues can be found in the text.>
The lost mariners cannot land on shore without a beacon to guide them.
The lost mariners will not return if they do not hear our call.
The lost mariners cannot return if the seas are rough, they must be reassured the sea is calm.
Right by the water are three objects:
- Lift Ritual Lantern
- Ring Ritual Bell
- Use Ritual Knife
Run into the purple area off effect under them to gain a bonus ability:
- Light on the Waters — Light the way to shore
- Forlorn Toll — Calling lost souls from the depths
- Drop of Blood — Sacrifice a drop of blood to calm the sea.
The correct order is bell, knife, lantern.
Ring the bell:
- Brother Pike says: Hear our bells ring out over the storm's song.
- Brother Pike says: Their tolling calls you home.
Use the knife:
- Brother Pike says: With blood we calm the wild seas that claimed you.
- Brother Pike says: On smooth waters and swift currents, sail home.
Raise the lantern:
- Brother Pike says: We lift our lanterns over the dark waters.
- Brother Pike says: We are beacons to guide you home.
- Brother Pike says: Souls washed to sea, return to us.
- Brother Pike says: Part the veil and step onto shore.
- Brother Pike says: Guide us through the treacherous waters, now your domain.
When done correctly, a rowboat paddled by two Lost Sailors appears.
Choose the wrong item:
- Brother Pike says: No, I don't believe that is quite correct. Shall we try again?
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.