- For other uses, see Mechagon (disambiguation).
Operation: Mechagon is a megadungeon located in Mechagon Island. The goal of the dungeon is to be similar to Return to Karazhan, a long and dangerous Mythic-only dungeon that is split into two parts, it possesses 8 bosses, the first 4 bosses are located outside on the island with the second half located inside within Mechagon City.
Prince Erazmin leads a group of unlikely allies on a desperate mission into the heart of Mechagon. In a race against time, they must overcome King Mechagon's army of mechanized monstrosities and defeat the mad genius before his doomsday device purges all organic life from Azeroth.
After years of absence, King Mechagon decided that the time had come to remove the Curse of Flesh from all titan creations. He was busy creating the Mechoriginator, a machine he'd been perfecting in order to achieve his goal. Not wanting to see his father's plan come to fruition, Prince Erazmin began to secretly plan a revolt against him. His plans were unfortunately discovered when the gnome, Kervo Cogpipe, told the king of his betrayal. With no other choice, Prince Erazmin fled to Rustbolt with all those who supported him.
After days of preparation, the time had come to launch the assault. Erazmin wanted to get deep in the city and sent his allies to retrieve a remote from the flying HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit. In order to retrieve the remote, the ariel unit needed its protection nodes removed to become vulnerable. The allies defeat Trixie Tazer, Naeno Megacrash,Gunker, and King Gobbamak, allowing Erazmin to disable the nodes.
Once the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit returned to base for a recharge, the allies attacked and destroyed it, allowing entrance into the city.
Once inside, the champions ended in the Robodrome were a death match took place against the Tussle Tonks. They win and go deeper into the city, where they ended up in The Under Junk, where they fought against K.U.-J.0.. Moving forward, they end up in a highly defended area where Head Machinist Sparkflux placed his mechanized defenses. Once he is defeated, the group finally faced off against King Mechagon at The High Tinkertory, where he was finally put down.
Maps and subregions
- King Gobbamak - Obsessed with hoarding dangerous technology found amongst the scrap, King Gobbamak sits upon a pile of doomsday weapons that he lacks the intelligence to operate or understand.
- Gunker - After years of coalescing into a concentrated cesspool, Mechagon's toxic waste has gained malevolent sentience. With the sanitation systems disabled, Gunker is free to ooze across all of Azeroth.
- Trixie & Naeno - Trixie and Naeno, two of Bondo's top lieutenants, have a turbulent relationship. While Trixie prides herself on ruthless efficiency, Naeno is the embodiment of chaos while behind the wheel. The only thing they have in common is their penchant for senseless violence, which they enjoy dispensing on anyone foolish enough to wander into their territory.
- HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit - Predator of the skies, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit soars over the yard executing its prime directive, disintegrating all trespassers. With impenetrable armor and a lethal host of weapons, it annihilates all who are caught in its shadow.
- Tussle Tonks - Mechagon's premier mechgineers test their mettle (and metal) by building customized combat robots. While these tonks typically battle each other for glory, they combine their efforts to repel foolhardy organic intruders who dare venture into Mechagon.
- K.U.-J.0. - As the respository for the city's refuse, the Under Junk is a prime target for gnomes from Bondo's gang who intend to steal valuable mechanical components. While Trash Mistress Wendy Cogsworth ceaselessly sorts the city's junk, her loyal guard dog, K.U.-J.0., keeps out unwelcome intruders--mechagnomes and adventurers alike.
- Machinist's Garden - Beautiful and dangerous, Head Machinist Sparkflux's metallic gardens are designed for both recreation and retribution. With a flick of a switch, the idyllic scenery transforms into a death trap from which no interloper can escape.
- King Mechagon - As maniacal as he is brilliant, King Mechagon despises all organic life. With his mechoriginator primed and ready, nothing stands in the way of his scheme to purge the curse of flesh from Azeroth and mechanize the entire world.
- Horde characters entering the instance
- Prince Erazmin says: To prevent my father from eradicating all organic life, we need to gain entry into his subterranean fortress city.
- Prince Erazmin says: Luckily, the flying mechanical terror that patrols this region has a control module that can open the gates.
- Prince Erazmin says: Assaulting it head-on would be ill-advised, but disabling its remote power nodes should render it vulnerable.
- Prince Erazmin says: The nodes are scattered throughout the junkyard. I've calibrated my sensors to detect them when you're in proximity.
- Gazlowe says: So we're going to root around through the garbage, looking for nodes that may not even be there?!
- Gazlowe says: All while avoiding a flying death machine, so that we can break into a fortress that has even MORE death machines?!
- Prince Erazmin says: Your assessment is accurate.
- Approaching the Toxic Monstrosity
- Prince Erazmin says: A power node must be located within that slime.
- Prince Erazmin says: You will have to sanitize the area in order to access it.
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.