Orgrim Doomhammer (alternate universe)
|Former affiliation(s)||Blackrock clan, Iron Horde, Grom'kar|
|Occupation||Warlord Blackhand's second-in-command, Leader of the Grom'kar|
- "Iron will, iron blood."
During the Battle for Shattrath, Doomhammer confronts Blackhand, stating that he will not kill innocents and accusing Blackhand of burning Draenor in fire. He is named a traitor and promptly killed by Blackhand, much to Durotan's distress.
- Main article: Orgrim Doomhammer#Early life
Denying fateThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft comics.
Upon the death of his father, Orgrim became wielder of the Doomhammer and second-in-command to Blackhand. When ogres attacked the Blackrock clan and they faced annihilation, Orgrim returned to the pool of lava where the Doomhammer was forged. Haunted by the prophecy that the last of his line would carry it to the doom of his people, he hoped to unmake its destiny and keep its power. The elemental spirits were displeased with Orgrim's pride and took back the Doomhammer. However, the elements allowed Blackhand to reclaim it and defeat the ogres, after which Blackhand returned the hammer to Orgrim.
Warlords of DraenorThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Orgrim Doomhammer leads an Iron Horde fleet to the coast of Talador. As and halt the Iron Horde's advance through the forest, Durotan and Draka confront Orgrim directly as his fleet falls apart. Despite Durotan's best efforts to reason with the orc he once knew as his brother, Orgrim escapes and attempts to join Blackhand's fleet heading toward Shattrath City.
However, when Orgrim found out that Blackhand planned to kill every man, woman and child in Shattrath, Orgrim could not stand by and let innocents be slaughtered. As the raged, Ogrim attempted to stand up to Blackhand, only to find that the Blackrock leader's strength, enhanced exponentially from the lava flowing through him and the forges in his body, far exceeded his own. Despite receiving help from the Alliance and Horde forces, Blackhand was able to kill Orgrim with his warhammer, claiming that he was too weak to ever truly be one of them. His body was taken by Durotan following the end of the Battle for Shattrath.
- Before release it was revealed that his friendship with Durotan would be a central element of his story in the expansion, as both friends stand on rivaling sides and Durotan feels betrayed by Orgrim joining the Iron Horde. However in the released version, Orgrim only makes a few brief appearances in the Talador questline before being killed by Blackhand and ultimately plays a very minor role in the expansion.
- This is due to Gorgrond receiving an extensive revamp during alpha due to complaints of 'orc exhaustion'. As a result of this revamp, the majority of the Iron Horde areas and plot in Gorgrond were cut, including Orgrim's storyline.
- Orgrim was described to have bright gray eyes in the novels. His Warlords of Draenor counterpart has amber-coloured eyes.
- Orgrim is voiced by Marc Graue.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.