|Level||56 - 58 / 80 Elite|
|Former affiliation(s)||Twilight's Hammer|
|Location||Silithus; Mount Hyjal|
He was once a member of the Twilight's Hammer cult, but has recently deserted the sect. However, the Twilight's Hammer are not kind to those that leave their ranks, and since Ortell's retirement, they have attempted to hunt him down, but he fooled them so they believe he's in a cave system in Westfall. Needless to say, an enemy of theirs is a friend of his.
Having completed all of his quests, adventurers may choose to hand in to him, instead of giving them to Bor Wildmane in Cenarion Hold. If you hand in a stack of 10 Encrypted Twilight Texts to Hermit Ortell, he will try to decrypt them and send them to you. This will not raise your reputation with Cenarion Circle!
- Decoded Twilight Texts, which contains background information about the Twilight Hammer (Other than providing the player with something to read, this item is useless and can be sold to a vendor)
- Scrolls of Agility, Strength, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit and Armor
- In rare cases: Recipes for Blacksmithing and Tailoring
- A Scroll that can be used to create an Object of Beckoning (for use at a Wind stone)
Hermit Ortell, now wearing proper clothes, appears in Mount Hyjal as Elementalist Ortell, having joined forces with the Guardians of Hyjal, harnessing his knowledge and experience of the inner workings of the Twilight's Hammer. He stands next to the air elemental Aeolos near Darkwhisper Pass. On his orders, players infiltrate the Twilight's Hammer forces at Darkwhisper Gorge and incite conflicts between ogre and non-ogre members - while his primary goal is sneaking out Jarod Shadowsong out of Twilight's Hammer's custody.
- Mount Hyjal
Leave at once, stranger! I have no business with you.
- Post-The Deserter
You're back already! What can I do for you now?
Not my finest work, but it should fool them...
- During the
- Yes, my brethren! We are claiming this prisoner for the True Sons of the Twilight! These ogre scum are not fit to offer him as sacrifice! They are not worthy of the Old Gods' grace!
- Come on now commander. Let's get you out of here. <Name>, meet us at the Gates of Sothann -- Ysera awaits!
- An exact copy of his cave in Silithus exists at the coordinates in Dun Morogh. When you enter, you join Silithus general chat.
|Silithus||Mount Hyjal||Mount Hyjal|