Overlord Agmar (tactics)
|Level||80 - 91 Elite|
|Health||799,000 - 57,121,444|
|Location||Isle of Conquest|
Overlord Agmar, who established the Horde base of Agmar's Hammer in Dragonblight, now leads the Horde in the Isle of Conquest and is accompanied by four Kor'kron Guards. Defeating him is the primary objective for the Alliance.
Gaining access to the Overlord requires destroying at least one Horde Keep gate, serving as a literal "hard gate" mechanic. This is different from the "soft gate" mechanics of Alterac Valley where the generals can be accessed immediately, but are substantially harder to kill depending on how many of their four towers are still standing.
The Overlord's enemy in this battleground is High Commander Halford Wyrmbane <7th Legion>, found within the opposing keep.
- Brutal Strike — Inflicts 150% weapon damage.
- Crushing Leap — Inflicts Physical damage to enemies within 40 yards. 2 sec cast.
- Dagger Throw — Hurls a dagger at a random enemy target, dealing damage instantly and additional damage every 3 sec. Lasts 12 sec. 0.5 sec cast.
- Rage — The General has left his command room, enraging him increasing his damage done by 300% and decreasing damage taken by 95% and increasing his movement speed by 100% until he returns to his command room.
- The General is simple enough to tank, even by a DPS off-tank. However, he has a large health pool that can turn the latter stages of the battleground into a DPS race.
- DO NOT pull the General outside of the command room. He won't reset...he'll just get angry.
- Attempt to avoid or reduce the impact of his Crushing Leap.
- The damage can be avoided by breaking Line of Sight (LoS) with him or by jumping right before the impact (this can be difficult to perform successfully with lag).
- The damage can be reduced by running away from him during the cast time (damage reduced by distance) or by using defensive cooldowns.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.