- Not to be confused with Greatmother Geyah.
Daughter of wolves
|Race||Mag'har orc (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Mag'har Clans, Frostwolf clan, Horde|
|Occupation||Leader of the Mag'har|
|Former occupation(s)||Second-in-command to Warchief Grommash Hellscream|
Garad, Geyah (paternal grandparents)|
Overlord Geya'rah is the daughter of Durotan and Draka from the alternate Draenor. She served as Warchief Grommash Hellscream's second-in-command during the War between the Lightbound and the Mag'har. She now leads the Mag'har orcs who managed to escape from Draenor, and pledged her people's loyalty to Sylvanas Windrunner and the Horde.
As a child, draenei scholars taught Geya'rah to read and write.
Following the Frostwolf Orcs joining with the Mag'har orc clans, Geya'rah would eventually rise to the rank of Overlord and serve as Warchief Grommash Hellscream's second-in-command during the war between the Lightbound and the Mag'har. As the Mag'har and Lightbound clashed, events on Azeroth would see to a new war between the Horde and the Alliance. In the midst of this, Eitrigg sought to travel to the alternate Draenor and call upon the debt the Mag'har owed to the Horde for liberating them from Garrosh Hellscream's meddling and the Burning Legion's corruption.
Geya'rah would later encounter Eitrigg and a Horde champion after they had been taken prisoner under suspicion of being Lightbound spies. During her interrogation, Warchief Hellscream arrived and recognized the two as coming from Azeroth. After hearing Eitrigg's request for aid, Geya'rah objected on the grounds that the Mag'har couldn't pledge soldiers to aid the Horde when they faced enemies of their own. Believing that having a common foe would sooth Geya'rah's wariness, Warchief Hellscream requested that the two Horde emissaries assisted Geya'rah in putting down an ogre uprising led by Kor'gall, Greatson of Kor'gall. After slaying the traitorous ogre Geya'rah would inform Eitrigg and the Horde champion about the threat of the Lightbound.
After receiving word that Beastwatch was under attack by the Lightbound, Geya'rah rushed to its defense. With Beastwatch secured Warchief Hellscream and Overlord Geya'rah were approached by Lantresor of the Blade and informed that the entire Lightbound army were spotted heading towards them. While Lantresor gathered every orc he could to Beastwatch, Geya'rah held the line with her Warchief. During the battle, High Exarch Yrel herself appeared on the battlefield and offered the Mag'har one last chance to embrace the light. As Warchief Hellscream and Lantresor charged against the Lightbound, Eitrigg activated the shard of the in his possession in order to return to Azeroth. Though wishing to her follow her Warchief in battle, Overlord Geya'rah followed his last order to lead the Mag'har to Azeroth.
Believing that there was no time to mourn what was lost, the Overlord declared that the Mag'har would make a new home in Azeroth. To this end, Overlord Geya'rah pledged her people's loyalty to Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner and the Horde. After the Mag'har made a new home for themselves in Hall of the Brave within the Valley of Honor of Orgrimmar, Geya'rah would remark to Mag'har adventurers that the Mag'har face a new future and that they had to make their mark upon the land. To this end, she sent them to meet with Ambassador Blackguard at the Orgrimmar Embassy and then to go forth and claim victorious across Azeroth. After said adventurers proved themselves to the Horde, a pleased Geya'rah honored them with a symbol of their proud lineage.
Tides of Vengeance
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Geya'rah joined the other leaders of the Horde in attending Talanji's coronation.
When Baine was arrested and Zelling was killed for their parts in freeing Derek Proudmoore from Horde captivity, Geya'rah believed that Sylvanas showed strength by punishing Baine for deceiving and betraying her, and is one of only two Horde leaders to voice support for her decision (the other being Gallywix).
Rise of Azshara
Overlord Geya'rah, along with Jastor Gallywix, were the only two leaders to stay loyal to Sylvanas. Under Sylvanas's command Geya'rah armed her forces for battle against their enemies, which caused the Overlord to remark that the Mag'har always stood ready to crush the bones of their enemies. During the conflict, Varok Saurfang challenged Sylvanas to a Mak'gora, which ended in his death and Sylvanas's abandonment of the Horde. In light of Sylvanas's betrayal, many of her former loyalists bent the knee to Saurfang's revolutionaries, Overlord Geya'rah among them. Overlord Geya'rah subsequently attended Saurfang's funeral. She remarked that while Sylvanas was a strong warchief she was not a true warchief because everything she did was for herself - whereas Saurfang sacrificed everything he had for the Horde. She then vowed to remember that a true warchief must have both strength and honor.
Sometime later, Overlord Geya'rah had taken to leading marches throughout the city, warning the Mag'har to be on the lookout for Sylvanas's loyalists. She called for them to remember that while Sylvanas was a strong warchief she only fought for herself, not for the Horde. She declared to her troops that a great leader must have more than strength, that they must be true to their people, and live and die for them. She ordered them to not forget this and that they must not repeat Sylvanas's mistakes. Should she encounter Thrall during one her marches, the Overlord will greet him by birth name Go'el.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Valley of Honor||120||1,839,000|
- Avatar — Increases the Physical damage dealt by the caster by 50% and enhances its armor by 50% for 15 sec.
- Mortal Strike — Inflicts weapon damage and leaves the target wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 25% for 5 sec.
- Recklessness — Grants your attacks an additional 100% chance to critically strike, and increases damage by 50%. Lasts 10 sec.
- Stealth — Puts the caster in stealth mode. Lasts until cancelled.
- I will hear your words, but judge by your deeds.
- We are here to win this war.
- The Heart of the Mag'har are pure and strong.
- Speak quickly. There are battles to be won.
- Some green orc described my eyes as "enTHRALLing"... so I shattered his spine.
- Since I came to town, these Orgrimmar orcs seem to stand up straighter.
- You fought a war against the Legion... but you didn't think to call us? Seriously? The fate of the entire universe was hanging in the balance, but you couldn't be bothered to... bah, whatever!
- Listen, smartypants! Did you ever stop to think that YOUR timeline is the "alternate history" and MINE is the REAL one? Heh... bet I just blew your mind...
- Go with honor.
- Die well.
- The Mag'har will claim victory.
- Fight with honor, die with glory.
- May your enemies grovel before you.
- War is all we know.
- I will see Draenor's skies once more.
- Grommash Hellscream has led us well. I respect him as much as I did my father.
- But if I ever see his traitor son again...
- <Geya'rah spits on the ground.>
- ...I will end him.
- Then the naaru came, and fanaticism took hold.
- The draenei were reborn--no, they have a different word for it--re-forged in their precious Light.
- Their belief blinds them, binds them to masters who seek to control the universe as surely as the Legion did.
- Draenei... eredar... so willing to bend the knee. So prone to corruption.
- Draenor must be free from the grip of fanatics and tyrants.
- Draenor may be lost to us, but my heart tells me I will see its skies again one day.
- Ancestors, may this dream come true!
- We pledge our blades to the Horde!
- The Mag'har will make a new home here on Azeroth.
- There are draenei on this world?
- Geya'rah narrows her eyes.>
- Not for long.
- The Alliance embraces the draenei and their Lightforged kin.
- That alone is reason to crush their cities to dust.
- She is no orc, but the warchief shows strength by punishing that tauren who deceived and betrayed her.
- Those who lack loyalty also lack honor.
- Saurfang's funeral
- Main article: Old Soldier (Horde)#Leader dialogue
- Orgrimmar patrol
- Main article: Battle at the Gates of Orgrimmar#Thrall and Geya'rah
- Her mount is a black wolf.
- She has blue eyes, a trait she shares with Thrall, the son of Durotan and Draka from the main timeline, and some other orcs.
- She may be named after her grandmother, Geyah.
- Kor'gall, Greatson of Kor'gall calls her "daughter of wolves", in reference to her parents and/or clan.
- When speaking on Draenor, Geya'rah speaks of adding another exarch's head to her wall; inferring that she has taken part in the killing of an exarch. It is unknown which exarch she slew.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
Leader of the Mag'har orcs