- For other uses, see Overlord (disambiguation).
|Title||Overlord, Warchief, Leader of the Dragonmaw|
|Race||Fel orc (Humanoid)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Illidari, Black dragonflight|
|Occupation||Overlord of the Dragonmaw Clan on Netherwing Ledge, Warchief of the Dragonmaw|
|Status||Deceased (lore), killable (WoW)|
Mor'ghor was a high-ranking fel orc of the Dragonmaw clan. In Outland, he appeared as Overlord Mor'ghor, leading the Illidari-loyal Dragonmaw operations at Netherwing Ledge in Shadowmoon Valley, as well as having ties to Sinestra, and the black dragonflight. Years later, following the Cataclysm, he traveled back to Azeroth to seize control of the Azerothian Dragonmaws, becoming known as Warchief Mor'ghor. Eventually, however, he was killed by , and an adventurer, and Zaela became the new leader of the Dragonmaw clan.
The Burning Crusade
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Overlord Mor'ghor is the leader of the Dragonmaw Clan on Netherwing Ledge in Shadowmoon Valley and oversees all operations that take place there. Mor'ghor serves under and as a Fel Orc and aids the Illidari in collecting valuable resources from the Netherwing Ledge, much to the dismay of the Netherwing. However, Mor'ghor still secretly serves the Black Dragonflight as is apparent from both his conversation with Lady Sinestra and the player's conversation with the Murkblood Overseer in the Netherwing Mines; although the Dragonmaw under Mor'ghor have been using much of the resources that they take from the Ledge to supply Illidan's armies, they have also been taking much of it for themselves and either selling it or giving it to the Black Dragonflight in return for mounts and the favor of the Dragonflight's master.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Mor'ghor, having fled from Outland, now resides in Dragonmaw Port, where he has become the new Warchief of the Dragonmaw clan. He is unwilling to aid the Horde in the Twilight Highlands, which - in combination with his bloodthirsty nature - leads to a rebellion led by battlemaiden Zaela which ultimately results in his death.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Shadowmoon Valley
- Twilight Highlands
His death is the objective of:
- Fel Ragamania — Enrages after 10 seconds of the spell being cast.
- Fury — Attack speed increased by 8%.
- Mor'ghor Slam — Leaps onto a nearby enemy, crushing them.
- Spinebuster — Grabs your enemy, suplexes them and deals 5000 damage.
- Lady Sinestra says: Overlord Mor'ghor, I presume... A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.
- Lady Sinestra says: I am Lady Sinestra.
- Overlord Mor'ghor says: I will not drag this out any further than it need, Lady Sinestra. You have bent my ear, now tell me what it is that you want from Dragonmaw?
- Lady Sinestra says: You have no doubt heard about Nefarian's failures on Azeroth... While he has fallen, the experiments continue. My master... He continues the work that his progeny began.
- Overlord Mor'ghor says: The... The master? He lives?
- Lady Sinestra nods.
- Lady Sinestra says: You were once a chief lieutenant, Mor'ghor. Your work in Grim Batol is not easily forgotten.
- Lady Sinestra Says says: Now... We need the eggs that you recover. The Netherwing eggs. They are, after all, a product of the master. We will pay whatever price that you ask.
- Overlord Mor'ghor stammers.
- Overlord Mor'ghor says: Ye... Yes, yes... Of course. We need only the crystals and ore from this place. There is... We will need mounts.
- Lady Sinestra says: The master will be most pleased with this news. The Black Dragonflight will provide you all that you ask. You will be allowed to ride upon the backs of our drakes as needed.
- Lady Sinestra says: I thank you for your graciousness, Mor'ghor. I must now take my leave.
- Horde negotiator says: This is it! Stay close to me and let me do the talking. I'm an expert.
- Horde negotiator says: Most esteemed warchief-
- Warchief Mor'ghor says: Quit wasting words, worm. If you want the aid of the Dragonmaw, you should've come on and bent knee with offerings of gold.
- Horde negotiator says: Warchief, you misunderstand. Garrosh Hellscream will have a beach head on these shores, with or without your help. What we ask-
- Warchief Mor'ghor says: Was that a THREAT? I knew Hellscream in Outland. A whimpering whelp. He is no warchief.
- Horde negotiator says: But the horde has assembled an enormous host! A vast fleet of war machines and hardened veterans! He would crush you as-
- Warchief Mor'ghor says: Bring him on!
- Mor'ghor stomps and stuns the Horde negotiator and the player.
- Horde negotiator says: This is madness!
- Warchief Mor'ghor says: This is...
- Warchief Mor'ghor yells: ...DRAGONMAW!!
- Mor'ghor kicks The negotiator into the nearby bonefire!
- Warchief Mor'ghor says: Keep the <Class> alive, he/she will be our bargaining chip...
- His armor is the tier 6 armor for warriors.
- He wields an enchanted .
- The scene in which Mor'ghor kicks the Horde negotiator into the fire and yells "This is...DRAGONMAW" is a reference to a famous scene in the movie 300, in which King Leonidas kicks a Persian messenger into a hole. The scene eventually became an Internet meme.
From his meeting with , we can assume that he was an orc of high standing during the Dragonmaw's stay at Grim Batol and also an agent of the black dragonflight during this time. It is possible that he supplied with information on and the Dragon Soul's whereabouts which eventually led to the events that took place in Day of the Dragon. However, if this is the case, it means that Mor'ghor was either not present at the The Battle of Grim Batol, having already traveled to Outland with his chieftain or he has only recently arrived there, which would mean that he survived the Dragon Queen's wrath and possibly served under Nek'rosh Skullcrusher. The latter theory is probably the more likely of the two, given Nek'rosh's connection with the Black Dragonflight. (See Dark Horde)
Chieftain of the Dragonmaw Clan (Outland)
Chieftain of the Dragonmaw Clan (Azeroth)