|Race||Dark Iron dwarf (Humanoid)|
Overseer Maltorius is a level 50 Dark Iron dwarf found deep in the Slag Pit of Searing Gorge. He is Dig-Boss Dinwhisker's boss and he himself answers to Archduke Calcinder. He has been seen communicating with a Twilight's Hammer emissary recently. It's unknown if he has joined them or is preparing to.
- Polymorph — Transforms an enemy into a sheep, forcing it to wander around for up to 6 sec. While wandering, the sheep cannot attack or cast spells. Any damage will transform the target back into its normal form. Only one target can be polymorphed at a time. Only works on beasts, dragons, giants, humanoids, and critters.
- Power Word: Shield — Wraps an ally in a shield that lasts up to 30 sec., absorbing damage. While the shield holds, spell channeling will not be affected by damage taken.
- Shadow Bolt — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Shadow Word: Pain — Utters a word of darkness, inflicting Shadow damage to an enemy every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Drops for the quest .
- Lookout Captain Lolo Longstriker wants Maltorius' head. In addition, Maltorius guards the sought by Master Smith Burninate.
- To reach him, head into The Cauldron from the east side and enter the cave there (the one farthest east). Cross the metal bridge, then head into the small archway on the left side of the room. Strangely, his shadow bolt ability is vulnerable to spell push back, most npcs are immune to this effect.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Overseer Maltorius and his guards are no longer elite.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.