- Not to be confused with Fozruk.
|Race||Gemstone colossus (Giant)|
|Level||84 - 87 Elite|
Ozruk is the third boss of the Stonecore.
Ozruk has served as Stonecore's guardian since Deepholm's creation. It is unknown why Ozruk has remained in the Stonecore, but it has become apparent that the guardian now believes that anyone opposed to Deathwing is a threat to Deepholm, and should therefore be destroyed.
- Ground Slam — Ozruk builds up his strength then slams the ground in front of him dealing 65975 to 74025 Physical damage to all enemies within 4 yards of the impact point.
- Rupture — When Ozruk performs a Ground Slam in Heroic Difficulty, the ground ruptures and causes three lines of rock spikes to erupt in the direction he is facing. Any player caught by one of the rock spikes is dealt 141375 to 158625 Physical damage and is knocked upwards.
- Elementium Bulwark — The elementium plates grafted onto Ozruk are charged with energy, causing them to have a 20% chance to reflect spells for 10 sec.
- Elementium Spike Shield — Spikes erupt from Ozruk's body for 10 sec. Any player who attacks Ozruk with a melee or ranged attack while he has the Elementium Spike Shield are inflicted with a bleed effect that deals 300 Arcane damage every second for 3 sec. This effect stacks up to 5 times, but may only be applied once per second.
- Shatter — When the Elementium Spike Shield expires, Ozruk shatters the spikes and launches them in all directions. This inflicts 47125 to 52875 Physical damage to all enemies within 15 yards.
- Paralyze — Right before Ozruk uses his Shatter ability, Ozruk will cast Paralyze. The Paralyze spell stuns all enemies for 8 sec. Any damage taken while stunned will remove the Paralyze effect. If Paralyze is not prematurely removed, then at the end of the spell's duration the player is dealt 47500 to 52500 Arcane damage.
Ozruk should be pulled into the tunnel and tanked against a wall, this is so that on the knockback the tank will need minimal repositioning, the tank should run to the opposite wall and continue tanking as normal.
In heroic mode, there are a few changes. Periodically, he will cast a paralyze debuff on the party, followed by a spell called Shatter. The paralyze effect lasts for eight seconds, and deals about 50,000 damage when it expires, this damage can be avoided by removing the debuff before it expires. Paralyze can be broken by taking damage and is also dispellable. There are a couple of ways to deal with this:
- Elementium Spike Shield causes a bleed effect on players if they attack the boss while it is active, therefore placing a DoT, melee damage will gain you the bleed effect in normal combat. This will then break the paralyze allowing you to move away from his Shatter attack. For casters, Elementium Bulwark has a 100% reflect chance in Heroic, reflect a spell that has a DoT component that lasts a minimum of 12 seconds will break you free of Paralyze.
- Melee DPS/Tanks: Melee damage will always get you the debuff and break paralyze. Move away from Shatter in the same manner as normal mode.
- Ranged DPS: Keep your normal rotation, staying away from the boss as normal, reflect a spell with a DoT mechanic to break your Paralyze effect.
- Healer: Any DoT will work, such as Judgement with Seal of Truth for Paladins. Ensure you have a damaging spell off CD at all times to allow for this.
- The effect can be dispelled, so if a class capable of dispelling is not affected they can free other players, however, due to the short amount of time given to move away it is not advisable to rely on this.
- Hunters are the only class that can't break Shatter on their own (except with ) so healers should be aware and ready to dispel any hunters who may be in your party.
After casting Paralyze, Ozruk will begin to cast Shatter, it is essential that your group is away from the boss as this will one shot most players (including tanks).
The other main ability in heroic is his Ground Slam, which will erupt a cone of spikes from the ground in the direction he is facing. There is a cast time on this so the tank should ensure he is facing away from the group at all times and once Ozruk starts casting the tank should temporarily move behind him. This ability will one shot a tank. Melee and ranged should not be infront of the boss, but if they are they will also need to move.
Finally, Ozruk will enrage at 25% health for 1 minute, increasing his damage by 50%. This can be dispelled with any Enrage removing ability.
You should plan to kite Ozruk slowly down the hall during this encounters, with the tank always running away from the rest of the group during the Shatter cast, so that Ground Slam will always be directed away from the party. Don't let him go too far, or you'll run into mobs on the other side of the tunnel.
A good plan to use against Ozruk is for the tank to immediately run behind him (so the tank's back is toward the narrow tunnel). This will ensure that all other party members are behind Ozruk at the mouth of the tunnel when he casts Ground Slam. Upon casting Ground Slam, the tank should run straight through Ozruk and stop behind him until the spell is done. Once the spell has been cast, the tank should then immediately go to the other side, again with his back to the narrow tunnel. Ozruk will cast Shatter soon after Ground Slam, and this method will once again ensure that he is facing away from other party members at all times. As long as the tank continues to move "back and forth" through Ozruk as he casts Ground Slam, the fight will be fairly easy.
Warrior tanks should resist the temptation to return to Ozruk after Shatter using Charge or Intercept. Ground Slam is cast very soon after the Shatter phase, and if you accidentally rush behind the boss before this happens, the boss will face the party and probably kill many of them.
- None may pass into the World's Heart!
- Spike Shield/Elementium Bulwark
- Break yourselves upon my body. Feel the strength of the earth!
- Killing a player
- The cycle is complete.
- A protector has fallen. The World's Heart lies exposed!
- Prior to being nerfed, Ozruk was sometimes known as "the PuG Destroyer" due to the many ways players that were not used to one-shot abilities could be caught off guard, resulting in much raging in a group.
- Ozruk is voiced by Richard Epcar.
- Ozruk appears as a legendary card in the Journey to Un'Goro expansion for Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "Between you and me, Ozruk is a bit obsessed with his body."
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Ground Slam now has a pre-cast visual on the ground in front of Ozruk. In addition, Ground Slam's damage and radius have been reduced.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08):
- He now does more melee damage.
- There is now a precast visual on the ground to make it clear how far away a player must get to be clear of Shatter.
- The cast time of Shatter has been increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.5.
- Shatter damage is now reduced by armor, but has been increased by 33.3% (repeating, of course) as a result.
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): "Ozruk can now be mined and has an appropriate loot table."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.