Public Test Realm
You can make a character on the test realm from a copy of one of your characters on a normal realm or from a premade. Whether there will be premade or not will be clearly announced. Players on test realms should not be surprised by character wipes, item wipes, or frequent downtime to make changes or apply patches, so don't get too attached to your character on these servers.
For a guide to getting on the test realm, see Getting on the Test Realm.
Blizzard uses the PTR for most of their games:
The PTR was also pushed to some of the classics such as
- In Heroes of the Storm, any purchases made would still be accessible but the level and other progresses is separate and may be reset periodically.
- For Overwatch, it is called Public Test Region.
- Blizzard has also done a Tournament Test Realm (TTR) to get ready for the Arena Competition.
- Test realm FAQ
- Latest official Test realm patch notes
- Chinese-Taiwan (TW) N/A
- Chinese-Mainland (CN) N/A
- Test realm character copy page