This item is created with Engineering (225); taught by , a world drop.
- Be careful when parachuting a long distance. If you activate the cloak too early, the slow fall effect will end while you are still too far off the ground.
- Essentially the same as the mage spell and similar to the priest spell ; it completely mitigates fall damage for the duration of the buff. The difference is, the cloak's duration is shorter and does not require a reagent.
- Can be used to take shortcuts such as jumping into Un'Goro Crater. Another example would be parachuting over the lava when doing the quest . It can potentially even be used to access areas that were not meant to be reached by players.
- Can be used to escape from enemy players or mobs by jumping off high cliffs. Alternately, you can ambush enemy players by dropping onto them, a tactic that can occasionally be useful in battlegrounds.
- Can be used to avoid one of the unpleasant backfire effects of the , that of unintended vertical displacement.
- Has a 30 seconds cooldown
- Can be Disenchanted.
- The parachute cloak cannot be used to get the "Going Down?" achievement.
- The Tinkering abilities and largely make this obsolete at higher levels of engineering, as they allow any cloak to gain the parachute ability, and for a longer duration.
The Parachute Cloak is a human invention. This wraparound cloak is a simple and useful invention. If the wearer begins to fall, the cloak immediately unfolds into a huge parachute, slowing his descent to safe speeds - at least, for a few seconds.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-03-16): ", Parachute Cloak, and various rocket boot effects can no longer be used in rated Battlegrounds."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Can no longer be used when the character is already on the ground.