This item is created with Engineering (225); taught by , a world drop.
- Be careful when parachuting a long distance. If you activate the cloak too early, the slow fall effect will end while you are still too far off the ground.
- Essentially the same as the mage spell and similar to the priest spell ; it completely mitigates fall damage for the duration of the buff. The difference is, the cloak's duration is shorter and does not require a reagent.
- Can be used to take shortcuts such as jumping into Un'Goro Crater. Another example would be parachuting over the lava when doing the quest Attunement to the Core. It can potentially even be used to access areas that were not meant to be reached by players.
- Can be used to escape from enemy players or mobs by jumping off high cliffs. Alternately, you can ambush enemy players by dropping onto them, a tactic that can occasionally be useful in battlegrounds.
- Can be used to avoid one of the unpleasant backfire effects of the , that of unintended vertical displacement.
- Has a 30 seconds cooldown
- Can be Disenchanted.
- The parachute cloak cannot be used to get the "Going Down?" achievement.
- The Tinkering abilities and largely make this obsolete at higher levels of engineering, as they allow any cloak to gain the parachute ability, and for a longer duration.
The Parachute Cloak is a human invention. This wraparound cloak is a simple and useful invention. If the wearer begins to fall, the cloak immediately unfolds into a huge parachute, slowing his descent to safe speeds - at least, for a few seconds.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-03-16): ", Parachute Cloak, and various rocket boot effects can no longer be used in rated Battlegrounds."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Can no longer be used when the character is already on the ground.