- For the critter, see Parrot (critter).
Parrots are a species of bird found in tropical locales throughout the world. They are commonly associated with pirates, and parrots be found with the Defias pirates, the Bloodsail Buccaneers and the Blackwater Raiders. Parrots are notable for their wide array of colourful skins.
Parrots can't get enough of the fresh fish the Bloodscalp trolls eat. They're less interested in dry flatbreads. They can mimic speech, but have difficulty with meaningful conversation. The jungle trolls train hyacinth macaws to mimic calls for help in order to lure unsuspecting travelers into traps.
- Jeweled Macaws living in the south of The Jade Forest.
- Kea Krak in Krasarang Wilds. There are crimson, dusky and emerals. Many species of lories lives on
- Trained Jungle Lories are the pets of Unga Bird-Haver in the Unga Ingoo scenario.
- The Defias pirates of the Deadmines have tamed many parrots, who can be found in Ironclad Cove. The named parrot Ol' Beaky is found amongst them.
- Albino Eyegougers appears very rarely and has a unique white-yellow skin.
- Brilliant Macaws appears very rarely and has a unique white-blue skin.
- Monstrous Parrots are common red-blue parrots, sharing a skin with the Green Wing Macaw.
- Sunwing Squawkers are common green-orange parrots, sharing a skin with the Senegal.
- The Southsea Pirates in the now flooded Thousand Needles have many parrots as well, who can be found flying over the Southsea Holdfast.
- Critter parrots can be found all over Stranglethorn Vale, Swamp of Sorrows and Un'goro Crater. One must /love them for the achievement.
- Pollies are critter parrots living only in Northern Stranglethorn
- Aotona is a rare mob found in Sholazar Basin. It is highly sought by hunters because it shares a skin with the rare Hyacinth Macaw.
- Cackle is a rare mob found near Faldir's Cove in the Arathi Highlands.
- Cricket is a parrot found with the pirates at Scalawag Point in Howling Fjord.
- Eyegouger and Young Beaky are Bill Buckler's pets critters located on the eastern coast of The Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Molly is Lou the Cabin Boy's pet, found near Kamagua in Howling Fjord.
- Nyuni is First Mate Hapana's pet, found in Booty Bay. When talking to him, he replies in pirate slang.
- Ol' Beaky is a named mob in the Deadmines with an unique grey skin.
- Opus is Bijou's pet, found at Flame Crest. He's known for his weird dialogue and the fact that he can be found in different colours.
- Ragnarose is found on Azuremyst Isle and is "Cookie" McWeaksauce's pet.
- Squawky Jr. is the child of the now-deceased Squawky. He can be found at the Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Treasure is found on The Maiden's Fancy, travelling between The Cape of Stranglethorn and the Northern Barrens. His name is likely a reference to him sharing a skin with the Hyacinth Macaw, one of the most valuable companions in the game.
As a mount
- is a rare drop from Harlan Sweete in Mythic Freehold, or from the Mythic Plus Challenger's Cache.
- can drop from any difficulty of Island Expeditions.
As a companion pet
- can be purchased from the In-Game Store.
- is a reward from .
- is bought for 50 from Dana Pull in Tiragarde Sound.
- is a reward from the quest .
- and are sold by Narkk (pirate supplies) in Booty Bay for 40.
- randomly drops off Defias Pirates in the Deadmines.
- is a zone drop in Stranglethorn Vale. It is one of only two epic-quality companions available outside of the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game. Though come Cataclysm it is not as rare as it once was.
- is a rare drop from Island expeditions.
- The summons a Blood Parrot on use. The blood parrot has a deep dark red color. This parrot requires the hat to be worn while it's out and does not count towards the companion count for achievements.
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Birds of prey
- World of Warcraft
- Card games