July 7, 2020
|Patches • Patches category|
The patch was deployed on the Public Test Realm on April 14, 2020.
Behind the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are two large, unique raids – the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, a 20-person raid, and the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, a 40-person raid. As players delve deeper into the mysteries of Ahn'Qiraj, they will discover revelations of the Silithid infestation and their shadowy masters, the Qiraji. Players will have to complete a world event of massive proportions before they can open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj on their realm.
- The Ahn'Qiraj event will unlock with the weekly raid reset in each region the week of July 28. At that time, players can begin the quest chain to craft a Scepter of the Shifting Sands, and players can turn in gathered resources to advance the Ahn'Qiraj war effort.
- Once both of those activities are completed on a given realm, the gates of Ahn'Qiraj will be available to be opened.
Along with the Ahn'Qiraj event, the following content updates will unlock with the weekly raid reset in each region the week of July 28.
- The Dungeon Set 2 items, dungeon questline, and vendor are now available.
- Wizard Oil and Mana Oil are now available.
- Nexus Crystals can now be obtained via disenchanting Epic items.
- This update includes Dungeon loot table adjustments, increased drop chances for epic items, and many new caster DPS items from original WoW patch 1.10.
- Several Relics are now available.
- Reputation rewards from Warsong Gulch, Alterac Valley, Thorium Brotherhood, and Timbermaw Hold vendors are updated.
Alterac Valley Updates
This patch includes many bugfixes for issues found in the 1.12 version of World of Warcraft. These were issues that were clearly unintended by the design of the time, and are now fixed:
- Terrain exploits
- You can no longer climb the waterfall and enter the Frostwolf base near the Relief Hut.
- You can no longer climb the cliff and enter Dun Baldar near the Aid Station.
- You can no longer bypass Icewing Bunker.
- Reputation inconsistencies between Alliance and Horde
- Alliance now always receive Reputation and Honor for defeating Captain Galvangar, regardless of whether Captain Balinda Stonehearth is alive.
- Developers' notes: This now correctly mirrors the Horde behavior, which grants them Reputation and Honor for defeating Captain Balinda Stonehearth, regardless of Galvangar's status.
- Alliance Druids can no longer have their actions disrupted by talking to them.
- Developers' notes: This now correctly mirrors the behavior of the Horde Elementalists, who were already just as steadfast in executing their intended actions.
- Exploits for defeating the enemy general.
- The Horde War Masters can no longer be kited far enough to allow General Drek'thar to be engaged and defeated alone.
- The Alliance Prospector can no longer be tricked into pulling General Vandar Stormpike out of the bunker so that he can be defeated alone.
- Developers' notes: As always, our intention is to accurately represent the 1.12 design intent of the game, and these bugs are clear examples of behaviors that were never intended.
Recently, we've seen an increase in the chat traffic generated by addons that synchronize data between their users. While the vast majority of addons do this responsibly, some can be problematic to the point of degrading the game service for all players. We've previously hotfixed the server-side of the game to incorporate chat throttles that work to alleviate some of this, but during our investigations, we found common use cases that we can improve for addon authors.
- The community has largely solved threat calculations, and has created robust tools for displaying this in-game. We'd like to improve the addon APIs so they can display this data in an addon without needing to transmit a great deal of chat traffic.
- Larger combat log range
- We originally restricted the combat log range in the open world to prevent a larger radius of stealth detection than existed in original WoW, but this isn't an issue in Dungeons and Raids. As a result, addon authors send a great deal of chat to synchronize combat events across the raid. In this patch, we're increasing the combat log range in dungeons and raids so that damage meter addons can get accurate data without the chat traffic.
Authenticator Bag Slots
Since before WoW Classic was first launched, we've been very concerned with replicating the original experience while eliminating as many ways that accounts could be compromised as possible. We can't eliminate them all, and unfortunately, many WoW Classic players have not yet taken steps to protect their account with an authenticator. That leads to difficulty for players when their account is compromised, and they need to contact Blizzard Customer Service to resolve the issue.
In this patch, we're activating an additional 4 bag slots for any player who has an authenticator and Blizzard Phone Notifications attached to their Battle.net account. In order to help preserve the new-player experience for players who are new to WoW Classic, this won't be advertised in-game until you've reached level 20. Any player with an authenticator and Blizzard Phone Notifications already attached to their Battle.net account will see the additional 4 slots on their backpack when they log into version 1.13.5, and any player who doesn't will see an in-game "+" on their bag to remind them to secure their account for this reward.
We recognize this is a notable change from original WoW. Account security is very important to us, and we want the reward for securing your account to apply to WoW Classic, as it has applied to World of Warcraft for many years.
- Fixed an interface error that occurred when generating a link to a Battle.net Community in-game.
- Fixed an issue that caused some items with running or mount speed bonuses to not correctly stack multiplicatively.
- Many large monsters and bosses are no longer missing certain combat sounds.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain creatures and bosses to be missing screen shake effects during abilities, such as Onyxia's Bellowing Roar.
- Fixed an issue that caused Kwee Q. Peddlefeet to linger near the winning faction leader far longer than intended after Love is in the Air has ended.
- Fixed an issue with where some Black Lotus spawns were placed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused stacking damage-over-time effects cast by creatures to not calculate damage properly when modified by damage reduction or bonus damage effects.
- Fixed an issue that caused some creatures to not properly prioritize attacking non-feared targets.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the red shader effect to persist too long on players after using a Wind Stone in Silithus.
- Fixed an issue that caused some casting animations to behave less responsively than expected when a spell is cast immediately after landing from a jump or fall.
- Fixed an intermittent issue that could cause a Rogue's energy resource bar to fall out of sync and display an incorrect amount of energy each tick.
- The "Move to Whisper Window" chat functionality now functions properly.
- Resolved an issue that caused some Graphics settings to not persist through logout.