We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Release date (US)||
8 January 2008
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Patches category|
- 1 General
- 2 Druids
- 3 Hunters
- 4 Mages
- 5 Paladins
- 6 Rogues
- 7 Shaman
- 8 Warlock
- 9 Warrior
- 10 Professions
- 11 Items
- 12 Dungeons and Raids
- 13 Quests
- 14 User Interface
- 15 Bug Fixes
This is information about Patch 2.3.2.
/timetestis a command that can be run to provide information on game performance.
/timetest 0turns the command off. When the command is issued, the next time a player uses a flight master to travel, certain statistics will be measured and displayed at the end of that flight. All weather effects and spawns are shutdown during the test.
- Effects triggered from being critically hit: Many abilities and talents were changed in 2.3.0 to allow them to trigger from critical strikes that occurred while the player benefiting from them was sitting.
- Quest givers with blue question marks no longer show up on the minimap.
- NPC's who you have completed a quest for will display a question mark on mouseover rather than an exclamation point.
- The bank controls for the guildmaster level of a guild is now grayed out. A guildmaster always has full access to a guild bank and this cannot be changed.
- A "Withdraw-Repair Only" button has been added to the guild bank controls. If this is set for a guild rank, then that rank cannot actually withdraw funds from the guild bank, but they can still use that daily amount of money for repairs.
- You will now automatically stand up when attacked, even if the attack doesn't land.
- Reduced network latency by disabling the Nagle algorithm.
- : When this ability is refreshed it will take on the strength of the incoming Lifebloom effect, rather than maintain the existing strength.
- Ravage (All Ranks) - Damage changed from 350% to 385%
- : Ranks 1-5 will once again deal bonus damage based on attack power.
- effect increased
- is no longer limited to one target at a time.
- Pet leveling speed has been increased.
- (Frost) cooldown reduced. It is now in the position in the talent tree. This ability will no longer reset the cooldown on .
- mana restore variance substantially reduced, (Rank 5 - Emerald) now restores 2340 to 2460 mana and has three charges.
- (Frost) is now available on the trainer to all mages at level 30.
- (NEW Frost Talent) decreases casting time of all spells by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will freeze the target by 10%. Lasts 20 sec. 3 min cooldown. It is now in the Cold Snap position in the talent tree.
- (Retribution) now causes 110% of weapon damage and no longer gains any bonus from spell damage.
- : This spell will no longer cost twice the listed mana to cast.
- Sanctified Judgements (Retribution) now returns 80% of the Seal's mana cost, increased from 50%.
- : The damage multiplier on this ability has been increased from 250% to 275%.
- : When multiple attacks land simultaneously, all those resolved after the attack which triggered Cheat Death will now have their damage reduced by 90% as intended. However, the combat log will still report them doing full damage.
- : Rank 4 of this ability no longer has its charges consumed by non-physical attacks and spells.
- : Weapon damage reduced from 125% to 110%, but the damage debuff has been increased.
- : This ability now correctly does additional damage when its debuff has already been applied.
- now resets the cooldown of Shadowstep and no longer resets the cooldown of .
- now adds a 3 second, 70% movement speed increase.
- now also increases the percentage damage bonus of and by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- mana cost reduced.
- now restores mana periodically regardless of how many charges remain. Duration increased to 10 minutes.
- : The expertise granted by this talent now works properly in all stances.
- Warriors no longer lose rage when using a macro to enter a stance they're already in.
- Fixed an issue with Transmute Mastery where the proc rate was lower than intended.
- was erroneously unlearned by most players who had learned the recipe. The recipe has been re-enabled and can be learned again from in Razorfen Downs at no cost.
- : Tooltip typo corrected.
- : The cast time on this item is no longer affected by spell haste.
- : This item now has a 20 second shared cooldown with other similar trinkets.
- Enchant: The triggered effect from this enchantment will now cause a melee slow and movement snare as intended.
- : This item now has a 30 second cooldown on being triggered.
- : The triggered agility buff from this item no longer overwrites other agility buffs.
- The is no longer a Unique item.
- The is no longer unique.
- The is now available on vendors.
Dungeons and Raids
Heroic Coilfang Resevoir — Steamvault
- 's Main Chambers Access Panel is no longer interactable until Mekgineer Steamrigger has been killed.
Tempest Keep — The Eye
- The 's Charge ability now has a minimum range.
- The melee haste provided by 's Frenzy has been reduced to 100%.
- Dragonhawks in Zul'Aman can now be skinned. This doesn't include dragonhawks that do not have loot.
- Blade's Edge Mountains: Players accepting the bombing run quests in Blade's Edge Plateaus will no longer cause other players in the region to stand up.
- There is now an option to turn off the screen edge damage flash when you have a fullscreen UI up.
- You can sell stacks by dropping them on the merchant window again.
- Ready check (
/readycheck) will now display a visual display of each party/raid member's status next to their name. This will display in the Party UI, the Raid UI and the Raid pullout UI. A player will get a check mark if they are ready, a question mark if they have not replied and a red X if they are not ready or are afk.
- You can now see raid members on the minimap as dark blue dots in addition to party members which still display as light blue dots.
- You can now shift click names while the petition window is open to paste them into the petition.
- Fixed various problems with
- /cast will toggle spells again unless the name is prefixed with an exclamation mark, e.g.
/castsequence Steady Shot, !Auto Shot
- Characters may now possess up to five in a single stack.
- Fixed "Spell/Ability is not ready yet" message when clicking quickly at the beginning of a cast.
- Fixed a server disconnect when moving the mouse over recipes in the guild bank.
- will now work properly with the .
- Disconnecting a USB HeadSet will no longer cause problems with the Voice Chat dropdown menus.
- Shattrath City. will no longer attack each other in
- Channel changes will now appear properly in the chat log after zoning in or out of instances.
- Unplugging headphones/speakers then plugging them back in while in WoW no longer disables all sound in WoW
- If the original owner of a custom channel gives leadership away their options menu will no longer show that they have moderation privileges.
- The first custom created guild ranking will now properly show up in the Guild Control pane drop down menu.
- Control-clicking on inventory items that teach recipes will now properly display you wearing the item made by the recipe in the dressing room UI.
- Fixed an issue that was not allowing all charges of a to be used.
- Creatures with random player targeting crowd control abilities such as , charm, or sleep will now properly choose a random eligible target rather than just choosing the nearest eligible target.
- The various Hallow's End broom mounts now have their proper real-time (rather than game-time) duration of 14 days.
- Tricky Treats now have their proper real-time (rather than game-time) duration of 24 hours.