Patch 4.3.0 (undocumented changes)
|Patch 4.3.0 (undocumented changes)|
|Patches • Patches category|
This article lists all undocumented changes for patch 4.3.0. All documented changes should be listed on the main article.
- Additional Brewfest decorations added.
- New laugh, cry, and chicken emote sounds for worgen human form added.
- Both forms now properly play a sound when /sigh is used as well.
- New hairstyles have been added for the following race/gender combinations:
- Orc Male: Wedge
- Orc Female: Bangs, Braided Hawk
- Those who have an Annual Pass will receive a mail with as an enclosed item.
- While swimming and leaping out from the surface of the water, players now move at the same speed as they do on land for the duration of that jump.
- A-Caroling We Will Go — New achievement added for Winter Veil.
- — New achievement added for Lunar Festival.
- is now worth 10 Achievement Points.
- Midsummer Fire Festival achievements added
- Feats of Strength added for and , both of which have already been awarded but did not originally have Feats of Strength associated with them.
- Feats of Strength added for the Winter's Veil gifts: and .
- The Guild Achievement is now worth 15 guild achievement points again (4.2.0 set its value at 0).
New quests added:
- changed to match description - it now ends on next , instead of lasting its full duration and halving the cost of all Multi-Shots cast in that period. This has been reverted a few days later.
- Silthid Colossi now have normal silithid sound bites associated with their attacks.
- Beetles now have a swimming animation.
- tooltip changed. It no longer states the percentage by which the target's healing is reduced. As , and have all been changed to cause a 25% debuff (back up from 10%) it's possible that this tooltip change reflects a similar change in the healing debuff provided by the talent.
- Characters under the effects of no longer use their run animation when moving.
- can no longer be cast by priests in form.
- Several items have had their durability increased.
- All equipable holiday items have been given durability amounts ranging from 16 to 25.
- now has a durability.
- All thrown weapons now have a durability.
- Stable Masters now sell , which was previously only available at Breanni in Dalaran.
- The companion pets from Winter Veil no longer require a to summon. However,
- Father Winter's Helper and Winter's Little Helper are very busy and will complain before despawning themselves if summoned outside of the Winter Veil. When summoned during Winter Veil, they will now mount a Winter Reindeer while you are mounted.
- Tiny Snowman is smaller than usual and will fall over and die after a few seconds of being summoned outside of Winter Veil.
- Winter Reindeer will not wear any of its holiday decorations outside of Winter Veil
- The Scourge Haunt from now won't be active at the same time as a normal companion pet. In addition, whenever it is summoned or respawns after disappearing (outrun, zoned, etc) the character will do a /cower animation for a moment. This also affects taxi mounts; they stop every few moments and turn around while the character cowers at the haunt.
- and is now a poor quality item.
- is now a poor quality item.
- Darkmoon Cards of the "Swords" suit are now sorted on the auction house under "Quest", matching the other suits of Darkmoon Cards.
- can no longer be used while mounted.
- is no longer bind on pickup.
- now spawns a graphic of three spinning drums at user's location.
- Pengu once more has demonic red eyes.
- The will no longer increase in size/change its model as players collect more baby teeth for .
- had its icon changed.
- stacks up to 250, up from 20.
- replaced by and converted to poor quality.
- no longer drops from The Abominable Greench. Killing the Greench now spawns a couple of sacks at the cave entrance that contain the stolen treats.
Raids & Dungeons
- In the Dungeon Finder the Cataclysm Heroic Dungeons have been recategorized as follows:
- The new 4.3.0 Heroic Dungeons require an average item level of 353.
- Completing a Random Heroic now awards 150 .
- City faction tabards now function in Burning Crusade dungeons. City reputation awards do not replace dungeon's own awards - while wearing city tabard you get both reputations at once.
- The Orb of Command can now be used to enter Blackwing Lair without being in a raid group.
- Lothos Riftwaker will now allow you to enter Molten Core without being in a raid group.
- Ancient Core Hounds and Core Hound Packs have had their size reduced by half.
- and , which have not been obtainable since the removal of the original Zul'Gurub raid, are now poor quality items. The patterns that used these components have had their reagent costs adjusted.
- , , , and are poor quality items. The Leatherworking patterns that used these components have had their reagent costs adjusted.
- Engineering no longer requires Copper Modulators or Copper Tubes. Schematics that used these components have had their reagent costs adjusted. The now useless parts have become and .
- has been replaced with . Clockwork Boxes cannot be used for lock picking practice anymore, but can be opened by Engineers, providing a skill-up and reducing the box to worthless .
- material requirements have been changed to avoid using leather.
- The alchemy specialization quests have been replaced with new ones which require Cataclysm expansion mats. These new quests are available from alchemy trainers.
- can now be learned through .
- The icons for Enchanting scrolls have changed.
- A non-BoP version of is now sold by Dealer Jadyan in Netherstorm.
- Enchant Shield - Lesser Block has been renamed to the more accurate Enchant Shield - Lesser Parry.
- Dramm Riverhorn in Un'Goro Crater now sells , , and .
- now drops from bosses and mobs in Stratholme.
- Basic Campfire has been renamed to .
- The number of fragments from Archaeology finds has been increased.
- The number of catches for Fishing skill up has been decreased.
- The can be caught in Shipwreck Debris pools around Darkmoon Island.
- Tyrande Whisperwind now has a unique model.
- Ethereals have new interaction voices.
- Archbishop Benedictus is no longer present at the Cathedral of Light. Bishop Farthing reports that he has gone on a mission to Wyrmrest to aid in Deathwing's demise.
- Angela Leifeld has replaced Shaina Fuller as Stormwind's First Aid Trainer.
- Fire elemental corpses once again sparkle when they can be looted.
- Raid Icons have been renamed to Target Markers.
- Added some buttons to rotate and move your character in Character Info interface, including the dressing room.
- Mini-map Tracking has been reorganized and two new options have been added.
- Items tracked on the mini-map will now indicate if the item is above or below your location in altitude when you mouse over the icon.
- Restore to Default button added to the Dungeon Journal.
- Added a Hide Bosses option in the lower-right corner of Dungeon and Raid Maps.
- Equipped item level is now displayed in the Character Info pane.
- The color that is used for displaying the levels on the Map depends on your current character level, ranging from gray (very easy zone) to red (very hard zone). The difficulty of the zone depends on its mob and quest levels.
- A slower animation is shown if you acquire new spells, either by buying or as a quest reward (from class quests in starting areas).
- You can no longer delete characters that have mail or heirlooms in their inventory or void storage.
- Brazilian Portuguese localization has been added.
- Report Spam now removes the offending item from the chat window.
- Auction House now shows more relevant information in the "Lvl" (Level) column for some categories: Containers - "Slots", Gems - "iLvl", Recipes - "Skill" (to learn). Also, when sorted by "Rarity" column, Weapons and Armor are sorted with higher ilvl items at the top.
- Users without the latest expansions now receive an "upgrade" button on the left of the character select screen to upgrade their account.
- The Raid Browser has been moved to the "Other Raids" section of the new Raid Finder.
- The Dungeon Finder eye near the Minimap displays how many players are joined in the group, when the number is lower than the maximum.
- The popup menu of the Dungeon Finder eye is now positioned under it, instead of left from it.
- The target portrait frame is less translucent (at least the Health, Mana and Energy bars and Combo points).
- When queuing for multiple specific battlegrounds, players can now enter and complete battlegrounds without losing their place in any queues for other battlegrounds. As soon as the player is invited to join a battleground, any other battleground queues are suspended until the player has completed the battleground or declined the invitation. However, the player's place in any other queues is maintained, which often means that upon completing a battleground the player will immediately be invited to join any other battlegrounds they were queueing for.
- The countdown timer when announcing that a battleground/arena is about to begin now has a sound effect for the last 10 numbers.
- Enemy targets with buffs you can dispel now have those buffs highlighted.
- The queue in the Honor frame now displays the status of and lets you queue for Tol Barad and Wintergrasp while on every continent.
- Added a more extensive Color Blind mode.
- When the game is started from the WoW.exe and there is a patch available, it will start the Launcher.exe instead. (Previous behavior: after login, prompted the user with a button to quit and start the Launcher)
- Fixed a bug that would cause certain animations (such as the animation from opening the world map) to interrupt fishing.
- Fixed a bug that would allow the achievement to be unlocked by using The Baron's Cannon during the quest In With a Bang.