Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|“Warlords of Draenor”|
November 13, 2014
|Patches • Patches category|
- 1 Intro
- 2 New World of Draenor
- 3 Take command of your Garrison
- 4 New dungeons
- 5 Character Boost
- 6 Quest system
- 7 Character and class changes
- 8 Pet Battles
- 9 Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- 10 PvP
- 11 Professions
- 12 Items
- 13 Brawler's Guild
Patch 6.0.3a is what Wowpedia is using to distinguish pre-Warlords Patch 6.0.3 from post-launch content. Blizzard posted patch notes specifically for the launch of Warlords of Draenor, and this article was created to host them. There was not a physical patch. The next actual client patch was released on December 3, 2014, but Blizzard still called it "Patch 6.0.3", so Wowpedia refers to it as Patch 6.0.3b.
Last Blizzard update: November 13, 2014
Warlords of Draenor is now live!
It is the era of an Old Horde, forged with steel rather than fel blood. A union of great orc clans, the Iron Horde, tramples the planet Draenor beneath terrifying war machines. Azeroth falls next. Worlds uncounted will follow. You must mount a desperate charge on Draenor – savage home of orcs and adopted bastion of stoic draenei – at this pivotal moment. Your allies are legends from across time; your fortress a foothold in an alien land. Lead the armies of one world against another…before the future itself is unmade.
- Warlords of Draenor Feature Overview is your one-stop-shop for in-depth information on new game systems.
- The Iron Tide: 6.0.2 Patch Notes contain extensive details of changes that were added with the pre-expansion patch.
- 6.0.3 Patch Notes
New World of Draenor
- Draenor is now accessible! Characters can take the fight to the Iron Horde by stepping through the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.
- Draenor is a vicious land of magma and metal, stone and steam. Vicious saberon, winged arakkoa, spike-skinned gronn, and more unusual creatures rule the edges of the world, feasting on anything they kill.
- Learn more about Draenor with zone previews:
Take command of your Garrison
- Construct a mighty garrison: an enduring home base within the world. Tame a deadly realm, and build an unbreakable monument to victory.
- Customize it with specialized structures like farms, stables, armories, workshops and more.
- Recruit stalwart followers to man your base, and send them to loot dungeons, fulfill missions, and craft items, even if you're offline.
- Learn more about Garrisons in the Game Guide.
- The Bloodmaul ogres run a brutal mining operation amidst the sweltering heat of active volcanic caverns. It is rumored that the true purpose of these mines is to dig for an ancient relic of immense power.
- Level 90-92
- 4 bosses
- On the northern coast of Gorgrond, the Iron Docks represent the heart of the Iron Horde's naval might. Huge warships and artillery are readies for war within this massive port. Ground troops stand ready to surge ashore to break the will of any who would dare oppose the Iron Horde.
- Level 92-94
- 4 bosses
- Auchindoun is the holy mausoleum of the draenei, a sanctum of the Light in which the spirits of the dead find respite. The Shadow Council finds this holy place as an opportunity ripe for the picking, as Gul'dan and his minions work to gain favor with their demonic masters.
- Level 94-97
- 4 bosses
- Atop the crowning pinnacle of the Spires of Arak, Skyreach stands as the seat of power of the Adherents of Rukhmar. The arakkoa have gathered and harnessed the Apexis technology of their forebears, and now they are ready to unleash the focused power of the sun upon their enemies.
- Level 97-99
- 4 bosses
- The Grimrail Depot is a vital hub in the Iron Horde war machine, allowing for the transport of troops and material produced in the Blackrock Foundry to the front lines of the war being waged across Draenor. The Grimrail, a massive train has been fitted with a railgun powerful enough to shatter the shield protecting Shattrath, and is about to depart...
- Level 100
- 3 bosses
- The traditional burial grounds of the Shadowmoon clan. The fallen chieftain Ner'zhul, in the depths of his depravity, has sacrificed the very soul of his clan in a desperate quest for power. Now the ancestral spirits are restless, tormented, and used to fuel dark rituals that will pull all of Draenor into the void if allowed to run their course.
- Level 100
- 4 bosses
- The Kirin Tor-created outposts across Draenor with magical links back to Azeroth to serve as a supply line for reinforcements. Unfortunately, what seemed like a prime strategic location near the Blackrock Foundry was known to the botani as The Everbloom, a sacred place within the Gorgrond woodlands. The outpost was quickly overgrown, but it still contains a link to the outskirts of Stormwind...
- Level 100
- 5 bosses
Revamped: Upper Blackrock Spire
- The upper reaches of Blackrock Spire is now home to the Ironmarch vanguard. As preparations to use the Spire as the staging ground for a full-scale invasion of Azeroth continue, the Iron Horde has set up a terrifying contingency plan: a doomsday weapon within the heart of the Blackrock Mountain.
- Level 100
- 5 bosses
- Newly boosted characters in Warlords of Draenor now begin their experience in Tanaan Jungle with a basic set of spells and abilities for their class while becoming acquainted with your new hero. You will gradually unlock new class abilities and mechanics as you take part in a counterstrike against the Iron Horde to shut down the Dark Portal.
- The quest log and world map on Draenor now shows where main-story-arc quests and side quests can be found. Keep in mind there may still be some surprises along the way, and not everything will be listed—we don't want the quest log to spoil all the fun!
- Some areas in Draenor have bonus objectives and its progress is tracked on the world map. Completing these bonus objectives will award extra gold and experience.
- Quest rewards on Draenor now have a small chance to be better-than-expected. Instead of an uncommon-quality reward (green), there is now a chance for a rare (blue), or even an epic version (purple!).
Character and class changes
- The level cap has been increased to 100.
- Characters can now earn Draenor Perks; permanent ability bonuses earned every other level from 92 to 98.
- Please see The Iron Tide: 6.0.2 Patch Notes for full details of character and class changes that are already active in the live game.
- New Battle Pets can be found and tamed across Draenor.
- A new roster of Grand Master Pet Tamers who have trained their battle pets in this savage world stand ready to give even the most seasoned Pet Tamers a challenge.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Characters at or above level 91 can solo queue for Mists of Pandaria Raid Finder difficulty Raids and Scenarios by speaking with Lorewalker Fu, Lorewalker Shin, or Lorewalker Han at the Seat of Knowledge in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- Garrosh Hellscream
- Queuing for a random Warlords of Draenor Heroic dungeon now requires at least one character on an account to have obtained a rating of Silver or higher in the respective role that's being queued for.
- Character item levels are no longer scaled down in Proving Grounds. Creatures now scale up with the character's item level.
- New season of Challenge Modes are now available. Race against the clock to finish the dungeon as quickly as possible for a new set of rewards, achievements, and titles.
- PvP Season 16 begins on December 2, 2014!
- Warlords PvP gear will have a secondary item level that activates whenever the character is in a PvP area (Arena, Battlegrounds, Ashran) or engages in PvP combat with another player. During this item level transition, the character's relative health remains the same.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Call to Arms for Battlegrounds have been removed and replaced with a new reward structure. Level 100 players are awarded strongboxes based on the final score of a Battleground match. There are Bronze, Silver and Gold Strongboxes, with each offering a progressive chance at containing better rewards.
- Arena Skirmishes for level 100 players now awards a Steel Strongbox to the winning team, with a chance to contain Honor or Honor gear.
- Characters can discover new recipes and plans that'll enable them to craft powerful new gear and items from tradeskill materials found on Draenor.
- Catch-up mechanics are available to get characters up to speed for their chosen professions.
- Madam Goya has relocated her operations for the Black Market Auction House to Draenor.
- Most items found on Draenor have a chance to contain Tertiary stats providing bonuses such as:
- Brawler's Guild is now open for business for level 100 characters wanting to test their mettle. Some of the fights will be familiar from the previous brawling circuit along with a couple of new surprises.