Patch 8.0.1 (undocumented changes)
|Patch 8.0.1 (undocumented changes)|
|Patches • Patches category|
- 1 General
- 2 Classes
- 3 Quests
- 4 NPCs
- 5 Creatures
- 6 Pet Battles
- 7 PvP
- 8 Professions
- 9 Achievements
- 10 Items
- 11 Class Hall
- 12 Dungeons and Raids
- 13 World Environment
- 14 Bug Fixes
- 15 User Interface
- 16 References
This article lists all undocumented changes for patch 8.0.1. All documented changes should be listed on the main article.
- Male blood elves have had their faces adjusted.
- The faces for male void elves and a couple for female have been adjusted.
- With the release of the expansion, limit of characters per realm increased to 18, from 16.
- Demon hunters can no longer equip daggers.
- icon has been mirrored left-right.
- Water Elemental's Water Jet ability was removed.
- Quests flagged as account-wide no longer count towards the limit of 25 quests in the Quest Log.
- Artifact Power items are no longer rewarded from most of the world quests. Affected quests now reward instead. World quests that require to kill a Broken Isles or a Broken Shore World boss are unaffected, and they still can award poor artifact power items.
- now rewards exalted reputation for both Magram Clan Centaur and Gelkis Clan Centaur factions.
- now rewards 2,500 52 (was 4,999 99 80).
- Anduin Wrynn's model has been updated.
- Rexxar's model has been updated.
- Former First Aid trainers have been assigned a new title, <Bandage Trainer>.
- The two Orgrimmar Mages and their portal to Ashran moved from Grommash Hold to the Cleft of Shadow.
- Sylvanas Windrunner added to Grommash Hold. Varok Saurfang is slightly moved.
- Nathanos Blightcaller added on the Gates of Orgrimmar.
- Lady Liadrin now has golden eyes. Weapon model changed, added a shield.
- Eitrigg now faces Sylvanas in the Orgrimmar Embassy. Mag'har Orc standard added next to the Nightborne standard.
- Traveling Warrior and Traveling Son added to the Valley of Wisdom in Orgrimmar.
- Hermf added in Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar.
- The Zeppelin transport between Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades, Northern Stranglethorn and Tirisfal, and Howling Fjord and Tirisfal was replaced by portals. The gossip texts of the Zeppelin Masters have been updated to reflect the changes. New NPCs (Liana Spelldriver, Riggol Spelldriver, Grez Spelldriver, Jantik Spelldriver, Clara Spelldriver, and Fesa Spelldriver) and portals have been added next to the respective Zeppelin Masters. The new portals take you directly to the Magic Quarter of the Undercity instead of the zeppelin towers in Tirisfal.
- Zandalari trolls in legacy content have had their model updated.
- Stormwind City districts populated with new army NPCs. Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon removed from Valley of Heroes.
- Moira Thaurissan in Stormwind Embassy now faces Anduin Wrynn. Dark Iron Dwarf banner added next to the Lightforged Draenei one.
- New NPCs added to the Dranosh'ar Blockade in Durotar.
- High Warlord Naj'entus has an updated model.
- Ali Buntblaster and Coda the Faithful added to The Overgrowth in the Southern Barrens.
- Jaina Proudmoore's staff model changed.
- Shalamayne's model updated.
- Zoey, Ginger, Maryann, and Mrs. Howell added to the house of Kelly Aguilar in Stormwind City.
- Master Gadrin received a unique voice.
The following creatures have had their model updated.
- Baby turtle
- Dire troll
- House cat
- Human children
- Earth elemental
- Fire elemental
- Ground squirrel
- N'raqi (the most common type)
- Saurid (retconned from Compy from MoP)
- Silithid scarab
- Spider (excluding fire spiders)
- Thunder lizard
- Water elemental
- Wind serpent
The following have received updates to their stand, walk, and run animations:
- Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley are now categorized under the new "Random Large Battleground" PvP queue.
- Highmaul Coliseum queue is now available to level 110 characters.
- Darkmoon Faire profession quests (except Archeology) award 5 skill points only to classic tier of professions.
- Daily сooking quests in capital cities now award 1-2 skill points only to classic сooking.
- First Aid
- First Aid removed from the game. Associated bandages and elixirs have been moved to Tailoring and Alchemy, respectively.
- The Field Medic title is now account-wide.
- Daily fishing quest in Draenor Garrison now awards 1 skill point (was 15) and only to Draenor fishing.
- Daily fishing quests in capital cities now award 1-2 skill points only to classic fishing.
- Rare fish on Broken Isles and Broken Shore now awards 5 skill points only to Legion fishing.
- Many fishing items give less fishing skill points.
- Fishing lures: for example, gives 3 skill points instead of previously 25.
- Fishing poles: for example, gives 10 skill points instead of previously 20. Low skill fishing poles (which reward up to 5 skill points) are unaffected.
- and now give 5 and 4 skill points (were 15 and 10).
- now gives 5 skill points (was 10).
- Fishing lines are unaffected.
- Successful catch has a random chance to award a second duplicate fish (such fish causes a popup).
- The categories for the Achievements panel have been reworked:
- General has been renamed to Character
- Class Hall, Draenor Garrison, Proving Grounds, and Scenarios have been merged into a new category: Expansion Features
- and have been moved to legacy due to loot system changes.
- The following have been moved to legacy due to the item level squish:
- All Legion PvP Prestige achievements have been moved to the legacy category.
- Related Crest achievements are also now legacy.
- and have been moved to the legacy category.
- now requires collecting 25,000 Azerite in Seething Shore (was 100,000).
- The following Ashran-related achievements have been moved to the legacy category:
Dungeons & Raids
- Broken Isles Keymaster has been renamed to .
- The description for has been updated to reflect the item level squish.
- is no longer required for .
- The following have been moved to legacy due to the removal of the First Aid profession:
- The following have been moved to legacy due to the revamp of the profession leveling system:
- The following have been renamed due to the revamp of the profession leveling system:
- The following Artifact achievements are now legacy:
- Artifact Power items have been changed to poor quality and cannot be used.
- Those that were epic quality prior to the conversion also had their sell value reduced to 50 (was 100).
- Failed usage for now also rewards 150 (instead of ).
- The following have been deprecated due to the removal of the First Aid profession:
- Pet Charms have been renamed to .
- has been moved to the Currency tab.
- no longer increases movement speed by 70% for 6 seconds after killing an enemy. Instead, it now grants 250 speed at level 110 (further diminishing at higher levels).
- no longer increases out of combat health regeneration by 400%. Instead, it now heals for X every 5 sec.
- has been added. It is sold by Lieutenant Dorgen and Talia Direhorn for 25 .
- now also instantly kills the player.
- , , and now drop once again.
- can now be sold for 1.
- The and mounts have been updated to use the new bear models.
- The potential gold payout of Legion Paragon chests has been reduced by approximately 50%.
- Vendor prices for rare and uncommon Legion gems reduced to 2 50 and 1 50 (were 21 and 5 50).
- no longer grants Wrynn's Vanguard / Vol'jin's Spear reputation.
- has been added. It is sold by Stamp Thunderhorn for 50 .
- Gold currency is no longer rewarded from missions. Affected missions now reward instead.
- Artifact Power is no longer rewarded from missions (as base reward for 110 level missions and bonus reward for any level missions). Affected missions now reward instead. Base rewards for 100-109 level missions still can be poor artifact power items.
- Class Hall Upgrades
- Tier V options that enabled certain classes to instantly complete a world quest every 18 hours have been removed. They have been replaced with new traits that reward bonus Order Resources upon completing a world quest with a combat ally or increase success chance for certain missions.
- Kalec / Image of Kalec no longer pesters characters that have yet to start the Balance of Power quest chain.
- now rewards 10 gold (was 50) and no longer has a chance to reward an Artifact Power item upon completion of a world quest.
- no longer has a chance to reward an Artifact Power item upon completion of a world quest.
- , , , and now reward 10 gold (was 50).
- now rewards 5 gold (was 25).
- now rewards 2 gold (was 10).
- Demon hunter
- has been added. It is sold by Falara Nightsong for 100.
Dungeons and Raids
- Stormwind Stockade
- The prison cell areas have been visually updated with newer cell bars. Additionally, the prison cells now have cell doors (which can be opened).
- Black Temple
- Akama runs moderately faster.
- Cataclysm raids
- Trash mobs no longer drop gold.
- Court of Stars
- Stormwind Stockade
- Path of Uther and Uther's Tomb in Western Plaguelands have received a visual update.
- A new dock in Echo Isles for Zandalar added. Its map, however, wasn't updated to reflect the addition.
- Entering the uninstanced Ashran no longer teleports you to Warspear / Stormshield. The central area can be visited, but it lacks all NPCs and the majority of its subzones.
- Silithus: The Wound is now considered a zone instead of a subzone of Silithus. Updated with new NPCs and mobs. Magni's Encampment added.
- The Mage Tower on the Broken Shore is no longer permanently built.
- Jewelhammer's Vault added underneath Alcaz Island in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Fullscreen has been removed from the Display Mode options due to DirectX 12 being added.
- Mounts and pets linked in chat can now be previewed in the dressing room.
- Hairstyles that were exclusive to the barbershop are now available as options in the character creation screen.
- Transportation ships and airships are now indicated on the world map and display their destination.
- The flightpoint icon for Eye of Azshara was removed (likely a bug).
- The appearance used for the main world map has been changed.
- The Achievements panel button on the micro menu was adjusted.
- Group Finder
- Groups can no longer be automatically created.
- The "Find Group" functionality for non-elite world quests has been removed.
- Text now can only be entered in manually.
- The cardinal directors on the rotating minimap have been updated.
- The "Show New Character Models" checkbox has been removed from the advanced System options.
- The ability to change loot modes has been removed.
- Personal loot is now the sole option in all situations.
- Added Voice Chat option to adjust volume for both mic and output speaker.
- The ability to change loot modes has been removed.
- Unattackable enemy portraits and highlights now use the unfriendly color instead of red color.
- The old guild interface can be opened with the
- Legion Companion App: The "Switch Character" button has been removed and replaced with "Log Out".
- ^ chaud 2018-04-20. Blood Elf Male Face Update, Barber Shop Skin Color, Build 26476 Broadcast Text. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2018-04-20.
- ^ chaud 2018-05-04. Void Elf Face Update, May 4 Hotfixes, BlizzCon Tickets Wednesday, MDI This Weekend. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2018-05-04.
- ^ WarcraftDevs on Twitter. Twitter (2018-05-18). Archived from the original on 2018-05-18. Retrieved on 2018-05-18.
- ^ a b perculia 2018-04-04. Updated Bear Animations in Battle for Azeroth. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2018-07-10.
- ^ perculia 2018-06-30. Updated Druid Cat Form Running and Walking Animations in Battle for Azeroth. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2018-07-10.
- ^ Anshlun 2018-03-29. Daily Quests and Quest Log Changes in Battle for Azeroth. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2018-03-31.
- ^ Phalanx 2018-04-25. What's the plan for large battlegrounds?. Blizzard Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2018-04-25. Retrieved on 2018-04-26.
- ^ chaud 2018-07-19. Developer Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas - Battle for Azeroth. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2018-07-19.
- ^ Ythisens 2018-05-01. Tiffin Wrynn's Memorial Plaque Removed. Blizzard Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2018-05-01. Retrieved on 2018-05-01.
- ^ Ythisens 2018-07-05. Fullscreen Gone in BFA. Blizzard Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2018-07-05. Retrieved on 2018-07-05.
- ^ chaud 2018-04-24. Tomb Stalker Mount, Mount and Pet Dressing Room, Blue Posts, FinalBossTV. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2018-04-24.
- ^ BlizzardCS on Twitter. Twitter (2018-07-19). Archived from the original on 2018-07-20. Retrieved on 2018-07-20.