Patch 8.1.0 (undocumented changes)
|Patch 8.1.0 (undocumented changes)|
|Patches • Patches category|
This article lists all undocumented changes for patch 8.1.0. All documented changes should be listed on the main article.
- The game directory has received a significant change. The root World of Warcraft folder will contain a
Datafolder and possibly a
_classic_folders if the PTR and Classic is installed respectively. The
Screenshots, and the
WTFfolder are now located inside the designated folder depending on the type such as
_retail_. This shouldn't affect most users, but it is important for addon authors to ensure their pathing installs addons to the correct location. Existing addons should move to the correct folder automatically after updating to this patch.
- The running animation for upright posture orcs has been updated. Additionally, mining sounds were also restored for upright orcs.
/whistlereceived a different sound.
- Demon hunter
- no longer resets on death.
- Teleport: Boralus now faces the mage toward the portal room exit.
- now has a visual indicator to make it easier to see.
- Draenei shaman totems received an updated appearance.
- Wrathguard summoning animation has been fixed.
- Azerite traits
- now also increases the potency of the Azerite power given by the Azerite Armor.
- Azerite Wounds: The wounds now expel balls of Azerite to make them more noticeable.
- : Text rewritten.
- now rewards 1232 (was 2,500 52).
- Dark rangers received a unique voice.
- Fel Reaver in Hellfire Peninsula now runs instead of walking.
- Juvenile Thumpknuckles, when tamed by a hunter, switch to a gorilla model instead of staying as a gigantic monkey.
- Legion Nomi has been given unique click-on quotes with a different voice actor.
- Provisioner Lija, the quartermaster for Talanji's Expedition was moved outside of her tent as it obscured the emissary quest turn-in () marker.
- Rid'lah in Dazar'alor is made available.
- The mobs found at the Lost Veil Anzu now provide 6 reputation for the Arakkoa Outcasts, up from 1.
- "Important" NPCs, such as Great-father Winter or Nathanos on the The Banshee's Wail, automatically phase players around the NPC to further prevent other players that made interacting with them harder by standing on them. This was especially an issue when bigger mounts were introduced.
The following NPCs have received model updates:
- Malfurion's bear form
- Silvermoon City Guardians
- Silvermoon Guardians
- Silvermoon Spellbreakers
- Sunstrider Guardians
- Ghostlands Guardians
- Royal Guards
- Sunwell Honor Guards
- Silvermoon Delegation Guardians
- Lor'themar Theron
- The following creatures have received model updates:
- Fozruk in the level 120 version of Arathi Highlands now circles spawn area behind Circle of East Binding.
- The pet obtained through Battle for Azeroth alchemy has been renamed to Bloated Bloodfeaster to distinguish it from the one sold by Shoak / Blind Wunja.
- Battle for Azeroth trainers can now be battled at any time (previously only when their world quest was active).
- Pet experience from those battles have been drastically reduced.
- Increased the chance for pet leveling stones to be a world quest reward, while the chance of and to show up as potential rewards were decreased.
- The following pet battle quests have been reset:
- Beets now uses instead of .
- Auctioneers have been added in Boralus and Dazar'alor for Engineers.
- High item level crafted gear now requires the profession to equip it. This change was reverted only for pre-8.1 crafted items, but post-8.1 crafted items will still be affected.
- Battle for Azeroth profession gear that had a base item level of 300 (with a chance to proc 310 instead) are now 310. Gear crafted prior to patch 8.1 are unaffected.
- / now lists the criteria.
- Kul Tourist has been renamed to and its icon changed.
- has been added.
- now requires at least five (was six) and no longer includes First Aid in the criteria.
- Island Conqueror now requires at least 7 of the criteria.
- Island Slayer now requires at least 7 of the criteria.
- had its description changed to reference bonus caches as Paragons and now can be earned with Battle for Azeroth factions.
- received a unique model and icon.
- Cobalt Pterrordax and other pterrordax mounts have been scaled down.
- Proto-drake mounts have a slightly modified run animation.
- Horse mounts newly added in Battle for Azeroth now animate the rider like older horse mounts.
- The and have a slightly modified sound effect.
- The Dawnforge Ram's running animation has been slightly modified.
Dungeons and raids
- Temple of Sethraliss
- Kings' Rest
- The Underrot
- Chosen Blood Matrons can now see through .
- Tol Dagor
- The barrels in the room with Knight Captain Valyri no longer reduces the carrier's movement speed.
- Return to Karazhan
- Nightbane's health was doubled.
- Black Temple
- Loot is automatically looted and placed into the bag.
- Return to Karazhan
- Off-hand book items are now displayed on the character's hip when sheathed.
- Azerite Armor can no longer be sold, except quest armors from and the first Return to Boralus / Return to Zuldazar (establishing the first foothold).
- The Battle for Azeroth Season 1 Elite transmog sets have been added to the appearances pane.
- / cooldown increased to 2 hours, up from 10 seconds.
- 2012-Feast of Winter Veil version of the was renamed to the to distinguish it from the vendor item.
- Legion mobs now drop level 110 uncommon BoE items with 158 ilevel for level 110+ players (previously were dropping level 110+ items with 158 ilevel).
- Flames of Ragnaros renamed to .
- Winter's Grasp renamed to .
- Only one will drop for each Alani kill, and is no longer BoP.
- Dragon Head Costume renamed to .
- Dragon Tail Costume renamed to .
- Dragon Body Costume renamed to .
- was removed.
- can now be used by Enhancement shamans, previously was only Elemental shamans.
- The 's account-wide have been reset. Players who had previously applied this item before patch 8.1.0 may need to purchase it again for their alts to use the on Argus.
- The Auction House stages are now accessible.
- A pair of wooden planks has been added near Vindicator Jaelaana to make the platform easier to reach. Part of the rope barrier was also removed and Jaelanna was moved by a few steps.
- Generic crates, a bag that functions as a mailbox, and other "goods" were placed around Ransa Greyfeather.
- A series of interactable ropes have been installed near the alchemy and inscription trainers and on opposite side of the river to climb up from the water in case one falls off (for example, if character has failed to hit Totem of Pa'ku).
- There is a new treasure located at the top of the waterfall north of the Loa Shrines for players who have completed , which gives an item that when scrapped begins a small quest chain that ends with the ability to choose Jani as your Loa instead of Pa'ku or Gonk, allowing you to scrap items at all of the trashpiles around Zandalar.
- Dazar'alor to Stormsong Valley transport line
- Uldir sets no longer are displayed amongst WotLK-era sets in the Appearances tab.
- Uldir boss kills in the Guild News tab now display the correct model (previously showed placeholders or none at all).
- Faction and bodyguard reputation gains from Warlords of Draenor mobs no longer depreciate for characters above level 100.
- The tooltips for the collection of Forbidden Sea Shanty items now display apostrophes and quotation marks (previously showed as ? symbol).
- An issue that was causing certain belt models to prevent the rear tabard flap from being displayed correctly on upright male orc characters has been fixed.
- Most tabards no longer stretch on upright Orcs.
- : An error introduced in patch 8.0.1 that changed its model has been corrected.
- User interface
- World map
- Parties and Raids groups
- A summon pending icon displays on the player's portrait if they have received a summon.
- Adventure Guide
- System: Added an option to mute pet sounds.
- Group Finder
- The type name format has been changed. Instead of "Battle for Azeroth (Heroic)", it is now displayed as "Heroic (Battle for Azeroth)". The same applies with Normal difficulty displaying as "Dungeon" and for previous expansions.
- Mythic Dungeons renamed to Mythic Keystone and added a schedule for future group of affixes from up to three weeks.
- When mass purchasing items from a vendor that comes in a stack, the UI will list how many stacks you are buying and the corresponding total number of individual items.
- Auction House
- Posting items has been optimized; items are posting much quicker than previously.
- ^ Steamwhistler on /r/wow
- ^ Kaivax 2018-12-13. BfA Experience Changed. Blizzard Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2018-12-13. Retrieved on 2018-12-14.
- ^ It is possible, that reset was not part (intentional or unintentional) of patch, but was side effect of hot-fix from December 13, 2018 for Pet Battle dailies bug.
- ^ WarcraftDevs on Twitter