Patch 8.2.0/API changes
|This article documents API changes made in Patch 8.2.0.
Blizzard UI post:
- Kaivax 2019-06-19. UI Changes in Rise of Azshara.
- 8.2 UI patch notes: https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57226
- 8.1.5 (29981) to 8.2.0 (30920): https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/commit/f1462fb3976c275e36939507147a0fbba3a30640
- 8.2.0 (30948): https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/commit/295545e959e82b9fa43a4cdab4afb80a3b13b02b
- 8.2.0 (30993): https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/commit/9eb7d56d256e5b2e20682e4d40f72378e483ea2c
- Resources: https://github.com/Ketho/BlizzardInterfaceResources/commit/b64b55d7917d7552dda675865210ec404e3ea848
- The TOC version is
- No files outside of
Interface\can be addressed by file path anymore
- C_ReportSystem.InitiateReportPlayer() and C_ReportSystem.SendReportPlayer() were protected to prevent automating reports, addons have to use C_ReportSystem.OpenReportPlayerDialog() now. 
- Nameplates anchoring is now restricted to only those in the same anchor "family". This was done to disable drawing lines to nameplates. 
- GameTooltip:AddTexture() now supports multiple customizable textures per line.
- The WorldStateFrame widget functionality was replaced by the UI Widget Manager API.
- ShowUIPanel() and HideUIPanel() are now protected, they can no longer be called by addons while in combat.
- /fstack doesn't show the global frame names anymore unless disabling the fstack_preferParentKeys CVar.
- Deprecated API: Blizzard_Deprecated 8.2.0
|9 new methods||6 removed methods|
|6 new handlers|
|13 new cvars||4 removed cvars|
|4 new commands||1 removed command|