Paving the Way (Alliance)
85 (Requires 84)
- Wyrms' Bend cultists killed (30)
My orders are to accompany you south through the Dragonmaw Gates towards the entrance of Grim Batol. We're to clear a path so that the rest of the men can follow us up and secure the entrance.
Translation: kill everything that moves, and don't be ashamed if you have a good time doing it.
The boys are getting antsy. Let's go.
We're not finished yet.
We make it look easy.
- Eligible mobs are Twilight Guardsmen, Twilight Sentinels, Bound Groundshakers, Twilight Stalkers, Twilight Earthbinders, and Twilight Cryomagi. Twilight Shadowmenders were to be the objective as well.
- Hop on a ground mount and start running. Remember to do some damage to the twilights in order to get credit for killing them. If there aren't enough twilights nearby, get to the gate at where a script event will play out and spawn in at least a dozen twilights:
- Highbank Lieutenant says: Break out the gatestone. Open this thing up.
- Highbank Medic says: Right away sir. Er... I don't see a slot to put it in?
- Highbank Lieutenant says: It's never easy, is it? That's alright, we came prepared.
- Highbnak Lieutenant says: Blow it open. There isn't a problem that some explosives can't solve.
- Highbank Demolitionist says: On it.
- A few squads of twilights rush the gate. Fend them off.
- Highbank Demolitionist says: Almost done.
On success, Shaw runs up and stops just on the other side of the gate:
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Good work. I'll keep the men pushing from here. Move forward and take the last gate.
Finish If The Key Fits and pick up Pressing Forward before leaving Mathias' new position. Keep running to the southwest along the road to reach Calen, standing at the foot of Alexstrasza!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.