Seat of the Spirit Waker
|Start||Automatic (The Tan-Chao)|
|Level||86 (Requires 85)|
Item level 404 shoulders|
- Shan Jitong slain
<Ancestral spirits stream into the tan-chao, Pei-Zhi's bridge to freedom.
One final chamber lingers in the ruins, just north of the tan-chao. The air above crackles with foul energy. Shan Jitong is already at work.>
This age must be one of great strife to breed heroes such as you. I can only imagine what adventures must lie ahead.
It has been my great honor to have met you, <name>.
I will remain here to usher out the last of the spirits before crossing the tan-chao myself.
Still, I am disturbed by the spirit waker's dying curse...
"You will not stop the thunder."
What could he have meant?
- 138000 XP
Head just to the northwest. A large mogu construct called the Stonebound Colossus <Shadow of the Spirit-sage> patrols the area, being powered by Pei-Zhi who is Spiritbound above and behind it and under Jitong's control. When Pei-Zhi strikes, the statue strikes.
- Pei-Zhi yells: <Name>! I am... not in control... Get away!
The Stonebound Colossus is a level 85 simulacrum with 1,264,000 health and the following abilities:
- Basic melee — Hits for ~4500 Physical on cloth
When you get the Stonebound Colossus down to 90%, Shan Jitong will teleport in.
- Shan Jitong yells: You will not interfere again!
Shan Jitong once again is immune via Spirit Shield and will then teleport to one of the four corners. He has the following abilities:
- Spirit Crush 10 yd range — Deals 2% of the target's maximum health as shadow damage an an additional 8% if the target is afflicted by Spirit Grasp. 7.5 sec cast.
- Spirit Grasp
Every 30 seconds, Shan Jitong will cast Spirit Grasp on all hostile units:
- Shan Jitong yells: I will have your unruly spirit, like all the others!
- Shan Jitong yells: Little spirit, you cannot hide from me in that body!
- Shan Jitong yells: You are MINE!
- Your spirit has been ripped from your body! Get back to your body!
Run to the location of your body when the spell cast happened, click on it, and then quickly perform an ability (either a counterspell or any damaging ability) on the Colossus to interrupt the heal. This is a battle for survival, as no NPCs are available to assist. Once the Colossus has been defeated, Pei-Zhi's spirit is freed and drops back down to the ground.
- Pei-Zhi says: You did it, <name>! I'm free!
- Shan Jitong yells: What?! Impossible!
- Pei-Zhi walks up within casting distance and casts Free Spirits at Jitong, dissipating his Spirit Shield.
- Pei-Zhi says: Time to fight your own battles, you monster! No more spirits to hide behind!
- Shan Jitong says: Agh! My wards!
In phase two, Shan Jitong, a level 85 mogu with 158k health, has the following abilities:
- Basic melee — ~6200 on cloth
- Shadow Bolt 40 yd range — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage. 3 sec cast.
Finish Shan Jitong off.
- Shan Jitong yells: You... will not defeat... the thunder...
- Pei-Zhi says: It's finally over...
- Pei-Zhi I'll be waiting at the Tan-Chao. Come and speak to me there.
Return to the location of the previous quest to turn in to Pei-Zhi.
- The spirits can finally rest, thanks to you. Soon I, too, will return to the other side.
- I leave you with this piece of advice: Pandaria is a land of history. If ever you are unsure about the future, you need only to seek answers from the past.
- Remember this, and you will thrive here.
- Shan Jitong's last words may have been an attempt to say "the Thunder King", who the Mogu were working (and would succeed) at resurrecting.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.